taking care of tom fluff

You could tell Tom had been having a rough couple of weeks. He had just gotten back from filming, and he was just overall run down, drained, and just blatantly exhausted. He was pulling back from social media, sleeping more during the day, and more often than not he was staying with his family, just needing their presence to hopefully bring him back to life.

You hadn't seen Tom in almost a week, your work schedule being a little busy causing you to work late nights and rely on mainly dry text messages from Tom. You were tired too but you knew that Tom could use a pick me up so after clocking out, you immediately headed to the store, picking out a few things that you knew you help de-stress your boyfriend. You chewed on your lip as you stood outside his apartment door, worried you might be overstepping since you had only been dating for a little under a year. Deciding not to use your key, you took a deep breath before lifting up your fist to the wood, knocking three times before taking a step back to rock back and forth on your heels nervously.

Your eyes snapped up towards the door when you heard the familiar sound of the lock clicking, your mouth forming into a shy smile when Tom's hoodie-clad body was revealed.

"Hey," you greeted.

"Y/n, what are you doing here?" he breathed, pulling you in by your waist for a much-needed hug.

"I know you've been stressed recently, and I wanted to see if I could help and I missed you," you spoke, your voice mumbled by his sweatshirt. You pulled back slightly to look up at him, taking in his features, the bags underneath his eyes, his sunken cheeks. You brought your hand to his face and he immediately leaned into your touch, having to hold back a pathetic whimper.

"Tell me if I'm overstepping I just I-i just want to take care of you," you admitted, heat rising in your cheeks. He dipped down to connect his lips with yours, softly but full of passion as his grip around your waist tightened slightly.

"Thank you, so much," he mumbled against your lips, pecking you once more before pulling you inside of his apartment. Your eyes darted around his apartment, noticing the dirty dishes and clothes that have made their way around before getting spun around and pulled back into Tom's arms.

"Missed you so much darling," he mumbled, kissing your head multiple times before his lips were back on yours. Your hand cupped underneath his jaw, thumbing at his skin as your lips worked against each other.

"I brought my shampoo and conditioner, the apple one, figured we could shower?" you suggested after pulling apart, wrapping your arms around him.

"That sounds bloody perfect sweetheart," Tom smiled, lacing your hands together to lead you to the bathroom.

"Turn on the water and I'll grab us some clothes?" he asked. You nodded with a smile, watching with loving eyes as he walked toward his closet. You turned towards the tub, turning on the faucet to almost as hot as it would go.

"Brought my facemask too," you called, pulling the shampoo and conditioner out of the bag to put into the shower. You pulled out your lavender-scented body wash, throwing that in as well before you felt a pair of arms wrap around your stomach.

"Which one?" he asked, pressing a kiss to your neck sweetly. You placed your head on his shoulder, nodding slightly as you felt his fingertips play with the hem of your shirt. He helped you out of it before doing the same, making sure to be respectful and try his best not to stare at your naked body.

"The sparkly peel-off one, your favorite," you smiled. He bit his lip to suppress a smile.

"I don't know what you're talking about love."

"Mhmm," you hummed, pulling him into the hot shower.

"Christ darling!" Tom yelped jumping towards you as the water hit his bareback making you giggle.

"Such a big baby," you teased, reaching around him to turn the temperature down. Once the temperature was considerably lower, he sunk into the stream with a relieved sigh, his eyes fluttering shut as the warm water flooded his body. You reached your fingers up to his arms, running them up and down his smooth skin making him hum. He dipped down to connect your lips softly, dropping his hands down to your hips. As you broke apart reluctantly, he reached for the shampoo bottle.

"Wait," you said, stopping his hand and grabbing it from him. He watched as you poured a generous amount of the pale green liquid into your hands, before reaching up to place your hands in his hair. He held back a moan as you lathered the shampoo against his scalp, lightly using your nails to scratch against it. His hands found your waist, pulling you close enough to press against his body, his eyes falling closed as your hands worked their magic through his curls.

"Put your head back for me please," you whispered, not wanting to break the peace you knew he was feeling. He did as told, feeling you raise on your tiptoes to guide the stream of water through his strands, being sure to not get anything in his eyes. Next came conditioner, and it was then Tom realized your hair was still in the same bun it was in when you arrived.

"What about you love?" he asked, reaching up towards your hair tie, making you duck your head.

"I washed it this morning, this is about you," you assured him, taking his hand to kiss his knuckles. You moved onto body wash, and Tom thought it couldn't get any better but as your hands ran up and down his skin, working out the tense muscles in his shoulders and his back, he swore his knees were ready to give. He felt his eyes fill with tears as you littered soft kisses along his shoulder blades.

He had girlfriends before you, but no one had ever made him feel the way you do. He felt so cared for, so loved. And as he hyperfocused on the feeling of your fingers working against his shoulders and your lips moving across his skin, the feeling of love you filled him with was borderline overwhelming. He turned around suddenly, needing to feel your lips against his. You of course didn't object, bringing your hand to cup his cheek feeling the wetness that wasn't from the showerhead.

"You okay?" you whispered tilting your head with a frown. He nodded rapidly, grabbing your face with both of his hands to look into your eyes.

"What is it baby?" you asked tenderly, turning your head to kiss his palm.

"I love you so much," he uttered for the first time, the foreign words feeling so right coming out of his lips. He watched nervously as the corner of your lips twitched into a smile, before connecting your lips once more.

"I love you too Tommy," you mumbled against his mouth, "so much." He kissed you again but it was short-lived as both of your mouths grew into lovesick grins.

"Let's get out before we turn into prunes yeah?" you suggested. He nodded, kissing your forehead and reaching for the towels as you turned the water off.

A few minutes later both of you were dressed in Tom's clothes, his head in your lap as your fingers gently moved against his face as you applied the face mask, his eyes fighting to stay open.

"Don't fall asleep on my bub, just gotta wait 15 more minutes," you said.

"I'm sleepy," he whispered with a yawn, opening his heavy eyes to look up at you with a dopey smile. You ran your hands through his hair with a giggle, enjoying the smell of apples that wafted through the air.

"Okay, I'll wake you up when it's time," you agreed, letting him take your hand to intertwine with his to place against his chest.

"G'night pretty girl, I love you," he mumbled sleepily, carefully pressing kisses to your knuckles.

"I love you baby, goodnight."