Chapitre Quatre

“So, shopping?”

“Lunch in Paris, then shopping. That’s why we’re friends, Amber.” Johanna lifted her wine glass to Amber. After a proper shower, both women felt refreshed and less stressed from the trip and the loss of their baggage. There was a lot to see in the City of Light.

“Do you have the guide?” Jo asked, as she combed her hair and put it in a loose plait. “We should find a good restaurant.”

“I want to have some sushi…”

“Sushi? Really? Even in Paris, you and your sushi...”

“Hey, it’s French sushi!” Amber laughed. “But alright, I think we can do it another time. I found a great restaurant nearby. Listen what it says... Situated above the Théâtre des Champs Elysées, on the prestigious avenue Montaigne in the 8th district…” oh, dear Lord, I love it already… “the Maison Blanche restaurant offers a fabulous view over the west area of Paris since its 2 terraces. It is in a setting designed by Imaad Rahmouni, with simple lines and sleek design restaurant that Maison Blanche expressed cuisine upscale character, largely inspired by the Languedoc terroir.In a modern and pure decor, the chef, Hervé Nepple, creates a highly ambitious inventive cuisine in collaboration with Jacques and Laurent Pourcel, multi-starred chefs at Jardin des Sens in Montpellier.” Amber squealed. “Look! Sightseeing: The Eiffel Tower!”

“Not to mention we could also go shopping in the Champs Elysées... I’m in!” Jo smiled.

Both of them left the Ritz thrilled with excitement from the possibility to explore such a wonderful city. Johanna looked as if she was another woman: happy, relaxed, in peace with herself. She no longer held her head down at her boss and her boyfriend, but now she’d hold her chin up with a bright smile.

The Maison Blanche was beyond Amber and Johanna’s perspectives. It was simply the most beautiful restaurant they had ever seen. From their table in the balcony, they had a wonderful sight of the Eiffel Tower, and the whole Champs Elysées.

“How can this place get better?” Jo asked, excited.

Excusez-moi, mesdames, voici vos menus.”

They both were so distracted by the view and taking pictures that they had not noticed the waiter approaching the table holding two menus.

“Uhh… Parlez English?” Johanna asked, knowing her French was mediocre to say the best. Actually, it was not only the fact she was unfamiliar with the language. The man standing before them was extremely good looking. He grinned, his green eyes piercing her.

“I do, mademoiselle. I am here to bring your menus.” He handed them the menus and smiled. “I will be back to take your order. I hope you’re enjoying Paris.”

“Very much so… Merci!”

He looked briefly at her with a funny expression and left. Amber slightly kicked her friend from under the table.

“Could you possibly be more obvious?!”

“Uh? What?”

“You were drooling over the waiter!”

“I was not!”

“Oh, please, I was right here! Can’t blame you, though: he is something!”

Johanna opened her menu, still distractedly looking away. “How old do you think he is?”

“Hard to say, but he isn’t a boy anymore...”

“Well, clearly…”

“Let’s just order something already and close our menus, he will get the hint that we are ready to order.”