Chapter 10: It's A DRAKON Not A DRAGON

1777 words

Argus turned out to be a guy who looked a typical blonde surfer dude, except for the fact that he had 100 blue eyes all over his body, including one on his tongue.

"That's disgusting!" I said, after Dad told us why Argus didn't talk.

Argus scowled and glared at me. I glared right back, which was kinda hard because I didn't know which eye I should look into.

"I can't believe you serve, Hera!" Aidan said, scowling. "She's the worst goddess in the history of gods!"

Argus looked like he was about to attack, but Dad intervened.

"Hey!" I said angrily as Dad made us get into the minivan we would be taking into New York. "I was about to kick his 100-eyed butt!"

"You mean we were about to kick his butt," Aidan said.

"You heard what I said," I said, grinning. "Besides, would you even be able to fight him?I've seen the way you swing your daggers."

Whenever I teased Aidan, he usually threw whatever he was holding at me, which, was, in this case, a pancake.

"Thanks!" I said, catching the pancake and starting to eat it.

"Hey!" Aidan said indignantly. "That's mine!"

No, it's mine, Agro barked, yanking the pancake out of my hand and wolfing it down.

"Agro!" I complained. "I'm hungry!"

You're always hungry, Pher barked.

"Shut up!" I muttered, my cheeks going red.

At that moment, Dad came climbed into the front passenger seat and buckled his seat belt, just as Zoë and Raiden climbed into the middle row (Snow sat at Dad's feet, while Aidan and I sat in the way back).

Argus started the car, and we trundled down Farm Road away Camp Half-Blood. I looked back  out the window for one final glance at the place I had called home for a few days. I stared at it until we rounded the corner, then it was gone. I slumped in my seat.

"Cheer up," Zoë said, turning around to face me. "We'll find a way to get that hind back."

"How?" I asked. "For one thing, we don't even know where the hind is. For another, I don't understand that stupid prophecy at all."

Zoë didn't have an answer to this, so she shrugged and turned back around. We drove for about 3 hours until we got to Penn Station.

"What are we doing here?" Raiden asked.

"How else do you expect to get to Wyoming?" Dad replied.

"Why are we going there?" I asked.

"I have a gut feeling," Dad said.

He walked over to the ticket booth and started talking to the man behind it.

"How much to Cheyenne?" Dad asked.

"$250 a ticket," the man behind the booth said.

"5 tickets, please," Dad said.

"Sorry, but there are no dogs allowed on the train," the man said, glancing at Agro and Pher.

"Oh Styx!" Dad cursed.

The man gave Dad a funny look. I could hear his thoughts for some reason. He thought that Dad was a weirdo and that Aidan and I were ugly.

"Who are calling ugly?!" I demanded, glaring daggers at the man.

The man's face turned ruby-red, and he started sputtering. "I-I didn't."