Chapter 17: Dad, Zoë, And Raiden Pull A Jason Grace

2119 words

Please comment and tell me what you think! :D

When I woke up the next morning, I went out of my tent and found Dad having a heated conversation with Zoë.

"Zoë, I can't tell them!" Dad was saying, waving his hands around. "They're not ready!"

"You'll have to tell them at some point!" Zoë snapped, an evil smirk on her face just visible for a second. "You can't keep them in the dark forever!"

"I'm just trying to protect them," Dad said.

"You are a fool, Orion Theron," Zoë rasped, except it wasn't her voice.

"Zoë, what-" Dad began, but then he went rigid. An evil smirk appeared on his face, too.

"Fool, am I?" He rasped. "We'll see who's the fool, Zoë Nightshade!"

Dad pulled on his bracelet, and his sword appeared in his hand.

Zoë then pulled out her daggers.

Then, at the same time, they charged at each other.

Zoë swung at Dad's face, but he ducked. Dad brought his sword swinging down in its lightning form. A bolt of lightning crashed down Zoë, blasting her backward. She landed in a heap at the foot of a tree.

Dad advanced on her, sneering. "I will finish you."

He raised his hand and summoned a ball of fire.

Orion! No! Snow barked, running forward.

Dad raised his hand and shot the fire at Zoë, but just before it was about to hit her, Snow leapt in front of her. The fire struck her right where her heart was.

Snow crumpled to the ground, unmoving.

"Snow!" I yelled.

Dad seemed to come out of a trance. He looked down, horrified.

"Snow!"

He kneeled down at her side, tears streaming down his face.

"What have I done?!" Dad screamed.

"Dad, look out!" I shouted.

He raised his sword just in time, blocking Zoë's dagger attack.

"Okay, that's it!" I yelled, drawing my own daggers and charging at Zoë.

Before I could reach her, Agro grabbed the back of my shirt.

Don't interfere! She barked. It's too dangerous!

"What's going on?" a sleepy voice said.

I turned around and saw Aidan walking toward me, yawning. He was wearing his silver shorts and t-shirt plus bunny slippers.

Then, he saw Snow's body and his eyes widened in horror.

"Is she- is she-" Aidan said, unable to finish the thought.

"She's not dead!" Dad yelled, looking back at Aidan, while at the same time stopping Zoë from decapitating him. "She's just knocked out! Aidan, Ainsley, you need to leave, now! Wake Raiden and get the Hades outta here!"

"You're crazy if you think we're gonna leave you!" Aidan yelled, trying to run at Zoë too and failing because Pher was holding him back. "No one gets left behind!"

"I'll be fine!" Dad shouted back, summoning a geyser of water right in front of Zoë and forcing her back. "Just go!"

"No w-" I began, but just then someone tackled me to the ground from behind at the same time when the smell of burning hair reached my nostrils.