Chap 7

Hunter's pov

Finally back home from hours of zooming through the streets looking for a store that was still open and that sells play dough and sticks.

I park my bike and look in the driveway seeing my mothers car. Hmph, is it already midnight.

Unlocking the door I can hear muffled screaming coming from inside. Is she already yelling at Roger? They never stop bickering.

I enter and walk upstairs the voices and words now clear.

"You're another one his scum bag whores! what are you doing sleeping on his bed and he is absent! You already spreading diseases eh"

"No it's not like that ma'am"

Wait is that Celeste? No it couldn't be she wouldn't stupid enough to stay here this long.

"SHUT UP AND GET OFF! YOU PIG! MY SON WILL NOT RECEIVE YOUR NASTY DISEASE DIE ALONE DON'T DRAG ANYONE INTO THIS! AND TAKE THIS OFF!"

she barked and all I heard was a thump and a small yelp. I barged into the room seeing my very intoxicated mother trying to rip my sweater off Celeste.

"Mother what are you doing?" I say coming between them.

"This good for nothing WHORE is wearing your stuff! who the hell is she? She shouldn't be here sleeping on your bed! have you been sleeping with her Hunter? You probably have look at that hunter is sleeping with pigs!"

"She isn't a PIG! Don't you dare call her that ever again mother! And we aren't SLEEPING together. Get the hell out of my room and go take a bath you reek of alcohol" I say and pull Celeste in front of me walking out with her.

We get out my house and I walk her to her house.

"Why'd you stay?" I asked her

I'm actually quite curious to know why she was still there at this time.

"I didn't know you'd be long." she said quietly

"Even then why'd you stay after a couple hours you should've left."

"I-- I didn't know--"

"DAMN IT CELESTE WHY DID YOU STAY SO LONG AT MY HOUSE!?" I lost my temper and blew up on the poor shaken up girl.

"I WAS SCARED OKAY! I WAS FREAKING AFRAID THAT IF I LEFT YOU'D BE ALL UP IN MY FACE YELLING AT ME OR PUSHING ME OR SOMETHING I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT YOU'D DO OR HOW
YOU'D REACT! I was freaking scared okay" she said stopping in her tracks.

I looked down at her. She was having a really bad day I could tell.

"You're afraid of me?" I asked like an idiot

"No sh*t Sherlock" she mumbled and continued walking

Wow. She was afraid of me. I thought she hated me I never thought I made her afraid of me.

"Wait up! I'm walking you home it's late don't want someone harassing you sexually in my account."

She giggled "Don't bother I'm fine."

I smiled a bit to myself in the dark but continued following behind her. I wasn't going to leave a helpless girl out on the streets.
>~~~~~~||~~~~~<
Celeste pov

Even though I told him to not walk me home I still heard his footsteps behind me.

Maybe he isn't a bad guy he's probably putting on a show for the school. He was really sweet to me today even though he scolded me a couple of times.

He even helped me dress my cuts the proper way. He didn't ask why about the cuts either which would've been awkward because he is technically why I have them.

"Alright you can leave Hunter I'm home." I said stopping on my front lawn

"Alright Care Bear. Have a nice night"

"You too and ill give you your sweater tomorrow..." I say fiddling with the hems of it

"It's okay, you can keep it...you'll need it more than I will" he said with a smile.

I know a smile. Im as surprised as you are. I've never actually seen him genuinely smile at me before. For the 4 years I've known him this is the first time he's ever actually smiled at me.

"Thanks," I said standing there awkwardly for a moment "get home safe" I said

"Yeah... sleep well..." he said then walked away casually...

Something happened and Hunter became a good person. He either swapped souls with someone or he's just a big phony at school. Regardless I would rather this Hunter any day over mean Hunter.