Purge Them!

Hey.

I am working for the next few days. The next chapter will likely be Sunday.

The longest chapter of this story so far. 2516 words

Back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Across the streets of Lungmen in all directions, maintenance hole covers of the sewers were being pulled open by Enclave forces, and the reluctant soldiers crawled into the dank darkness below.

The soldiers of the Enclave were surprised by the order given to them. First, they were happy to rip Lungmen apart to find the last of Reunion, but soon their frantic leaders had utterly abandoned their objectives and ordered most of them into the sewers.

Dozens of squads, equal to hundreds of soldiers, are seen by everyone in Lungmen cramming into the holes in the ground. Many civilians looked on in curiosity and confusion as the Enclave soldiers vanished below the streets, all while squad leaders and platoon officers shouted the same orders across the city.

"Do not remove your helmets!"

"Re-programme the drones to light the tunnels!"

"Watch your surroundings. Trust nothing by your fellow Enclave!"

"Don't drink the water!" Ew

"Bring in the purge flamers!"

The soldiers were nervous but ready for a fight. It was not long before 20 power-armoured soldiers were no longer alone in the sewers. It seemed that hundreds of Farsight's soldiers would soon be joining them. The only downside was that no heavy equipment like tanks or battlesuits could get through the early stage of tunnels, which annoyed Farsight.

Farsight had no real options. Seneschal and Mal-Mal were too far away, Agenta was closer but would take time to get here, and the other secret untested divisions Farsight created had yet to be tested in the field and were not ready nor close to battle-ready environments.

He only had one option, and that was his Fire-Caste soldiers. He knew they would be capable, but without heavy support, it was a gamble, and whatever lurked in the darkness below them would test their resolve. He would ensure Mal-Mal had High Haven ready and equipped to deal with many PTSD patients.

Now Farsight had another problem. His battlesuit couldn't fit in the Sewers; it could work in the larger chambers, but getting there was the issue.

"I'm sorry, Commander, your battlesuit could, in theory, enter the sewers, but you would have no chance of manoeuvring, and if you needed to escape, you couldn't. You would also block all other soldiers from advancing or retreating." One of his Lupo squad leaders, who had yet to enter the tunnels below, stated bluntly.

"*Sigh* Thank you, soldier. Carry on" Farsight waved the soldier away and looked around with a frown.

How had Farsight not noticed the dozens of cameras pointing at him? It looked like hundreds of people were watching him. The only thing stopping the crowd from getting closer was the select few soldiers ordered to stay topside.

From the crowd, he could see many familiar faces. First, a panting Ch'en must have raced here when she was informed of his presence, and naturally, she was glaring at him. Next, the taller Oni Hoshiguma was behind her and placed her hand on her shoulder, stopping her from rushing towards him and then Swire, who seemed to be making it worse for the growling Ch'en by making fun of her. Didn't these ladies have jobs to do or something??