Already Broken

Hey.

I couldn't find any Art I wanted for this chapter, so enjoy the above.

Let us get back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Farsight?" 

Farsight heard Amiya's quiet voice behind him as he watched Agenta stare down at the bodybag before her, weeping quietly.

After rounding up the Rhodes Island operatives and placing them in custody under heavy guard, Farsight and most of the Enclave moved to Rhodes Island, which had successfully relocated closer to the Enclave headquarters.

Amiya, Closure and Warfarin were the only exceptions, brought with Farsight but under heavy watch. Entering Rhodes Island and into its enormous atrium, Farsight, Agenta and those with him were met halfway by Pathfinder 14 and all the Banshees.

Pathfinder and his group moved forward and placed a bodybag before Agenta and himself. Farsight stepped back, giving her some space. Agenta crouched before the fallen Banshee and wept quietly for her friend.

"Farsight?"

He tilted his head slightly in her direction but didn't respond, more interested in watching one of his division leaders cry quietly.

"Farsight, I didn't know this would happen, I...-"

"Amiya, stop"

Amiya stopped speaking as her rabbit ears flopped downward. The Enclave leader was uninterested in words and looked around briefly, deciding to walk through the gathered crowd of soldiers and out of the atrium.

His movement caught many people's attention, but none attempted to stop or ask him. Amiya moved to follow but was blocked by a suspiciously quiet Lappland gripping her shoulder tightly. 

"Haha, Don't harass him, Donkey... Yea?" Lappland whispered into Amiya's ear, making her tense in worry as she watched Farsight vanish from everyone's sight. 

Not evening registering the name Lappland had called her. Amiya wanted to do nothing but break free and run after him but couldn't. 

~

Farsight looks around Kal'tsit's office with indifference before sitting at Kal's desk, an act which would have caused him so much grief as the Doctor of Rhodes Island.

Kal'tsit would have walked in with a mug of coffee in her hand and papers in the other but would have stopped and glared at him in sheer annoyance before threatening him to remove himself from her office.

"Kal'tsit... Where are you?"

Something Farsight never thought he would say, but here he was, sitting on Rhodes Island, in Kal'tsits chair and asking where she was. 

Rhodes Island was an obstacle which they had overcome, but Farsight felt empty sitting here, almost as if no problem had been solved at all. Thoughts slowly angered him; in an act of emotion, Farsight shoved the desk. The wooden object resisted briefly due to its weight but quickly tumbled across the room.

Slumped in the chair, Farsight felt lost.

Farsight stood and decided that this room was the cause of this sour attitude and the memories it was bringing, but something caught his eye. There was a small floor safe with a combination lock where the desk once was.

He was crouching down and attempting to open it but failing. With zero patience, Farsight punched the small safe hard, warping it out of shape and with a quick tug, the door was ripped off its reinforced hinges because of his strength.