Chapter 2: Psychic Gaurdian

Alix's POV:

Strobe lights flashed while pulsing hypnotic beats blared in my ears. Flamboyant women with sparkling wings danced on top of the tables while men lurked in the shadows, searching for their latest prey. I sat quietly in the VIP section as the familiar tingles of a vision ran up my back. Seconds later, the club disappeared as the distant reality the forefront of my mind.

A girl with platinum hair and bright blue eyes was running through a group of people. They seemed to be fighting. She launched a ball of fire as black as night into the air before collapsing onto her knees. Looking to the sky, she pulled out a small dagger and-

I blinked my eyes rapidly and the vision disappeared. A cocktail waitress with pearly white fangs approached the booth where I sat. I grabbed a fruity cocktail from the silver tray and scarfed it down. For the past month I've had reoccurring visions of a girl I've never met. As a psychic, visions were natural, but this had never happened before. There were limits to my power, I had to at least know the person in order to see their future. 

I threw the small glass to the ground .The witches and warlocks that sat around me stared. Rolling my eyes, I walked away from the mess. Leaning against the black railing that wrapped around the VIP section, I thought about the girl.

Did I see her in the grocery store? No, I would have remembered a girl that beautiful. Did she go to my school as a child?

Again the answer was no; her name would have been ingrained in my head. I'm one of the most powerful witches in New York, and yet, I couldn't remember one measly girl's name. As the dull ache in my forehead began to increase I decided that I needed a distraction. My sharp gaze scanned the crowd, every low life and criminal in the supernatural community seemed to be at the club tonight, but my eyes focused on a hunched figure hidden in the shadows.

I broke away from the safety of the VIP section and entered the lion's den. Clawed creatures with forked tongues hissed in anticipation as I made the descent towards them. Several of them had gruesome scars covering their faces from years of fighting. The air was tainted by their putrid body odor and alcohol. My fingers glowed with magic as I parted the dancing bodies like Moses parted the Red Sea. A beautiful djinn who assessed me with her eyes while she played with her hair. I smirked.

It was amazing what a little makeup and a short dress did for a woman, or a girl in my case. I'm positive everyone in the club would be shocked to know that I am only fifteen. All supernatural beings are naturally attractive, especially witches. I hadhigh cheek bones, full lips and all-knowing emerald green eyes. I was beautiful and that meant nothing to me. 

Being a witch left me a lifetime filled with endless possibilities. With my magic and beauty, I could get anything I wanted, but that gets boring after a while. Sometimes, I wondered what it would be like to be mortal for a day. To work for everything and never know what your futuret holds. Once I reached the edge of the club, I snapped my fingers and the dancers went back to their usual business. The hunched figure tried to disappear into the crowd until I reached out and touched his arm.

"Don't go," I purred. "I'd like to do business with you."

The hunched figure froze and hesitantly turned to me. He released a low strangled hiss asnd he reached into his pocket. A smirk played on my painted lips whenas I saw the small bag in his hand. Under the hood of his cloak, reptilian eyes dilated with hunger. His long forked tongue escaped from his mouth and wrapped around my wrist.

Oh no.

I looked at the bottom of the dealer and was horrified to see a snake's tail. Glycon's had the head and torso of a human with the bottom of a snake. They were also known for hypnotizing their prey and sucking them dry. I was dead if I couldn't get free. I tried using my magic, but his large hand covered mine, blocking my magic. The glycon straightened his back. The cloak slipped off of his muscular shoulders revealing an extremely attractive specimen.