Chapter Fifteen

George decided to walk Jelena safely back to her caravan. It was pretty late when they finished their little impromptu training session, and the anniversary party had long since ended.

Everyone now had mostly gone to their beds, knowing they still had an early start in the morning. It suited George fine, the less people he had to face that night. the better.

He imagined his actions had given the gossiping tongues plenty to talk about already, and no doubt for the rest of the week as well. But he knew he would just have to put up with it, though still he was concerned about Jelena

“Are you going to be ok?” he then asked

“Yes,” Jelena replied, “I doubt if Patrick will want to bother with me again anyway, so that is one good thing. My brothers are not too happy with him either when they found out what he said and did. I imagine he will steer clear from me from now on, or he will have them to deal with as well.” she now looked up at him smiling

“Of course you are their hero, for helping me out and knocking him to the ground,”

George just grinned sheepishly, “I don’t feel particularly like a hero, to be honest, I don’t even like confrontations and prefer to avoid them; but Patrick really pissed me of tonight the way he was acting”

“I know,” Jelena replied with a small smile.

As much as she would have liked to believe George’s actions had been solely to defend her honour, deep down she knew his real reason for being pissed with Patrick was because he cared about Estelle, and didn’t like the way Patrick was treating her.

For some reason this sudden realisation send a sharp little pang through Jelena’s heart. It didn’t seem fair that George was hurting because of Estelle’s stupidity to not to see through Patrick. Jelena wished that there was someway she could make George feel better, he was such a nice guy.

Which was why on impulse, she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tight

“You are a good person George, and I am so glad to have you as a friend,” she told him

George, at first, was taken aback, by her sudden enthusiastic embrace, but then smiled and let his arms go around her, returning the hug, finding he quite liking the feeling of her in his arms

“I am glad I can be your friend,” he returned truthfully,

Realising she was getting a little more emotional than she intended, Jelena pulled away from him, finding it difficult to look him in the eye, “Well I had better let you get to your bed now, early start in the morning as usual.” she said briskly, “Goodnight George” and with that she turned and climbed up the caravan steps.

“Night Jay,” he called after her a little puzzled with her sudden odd behaviour.

One minute she was hugging him, the next she was beating a hasty retreat, as if she couldn’t get away from him quick enough.

But shrugging it of, as she went into her caravan. He then turned and realised that he couldn’t go to his bed until he called in and seen his parents. He knew his mother probably would spend all night fretting, if he didn’t show his face, so he could let her see he was ok.

He knocked lightly on the caravan door. As he suspected his parents had not gone to bed yet. His father opened the door, then stood aside to let him enter.

His mother looked relieved to see him, so he went over to gave her a reassuring hug, “Mom, I am so sorry for ruining your night,” he apologised immediately

“Don’t be silly, you didn‘t ruin it,” she admonished him, turning to his father who stood across from them, “Tell him Ricky,”

“Of course you didn’t” Ricardo reiterated nonchalantly, “After all, what great party doesn’t have a good punch up included,” he pointed out with hint of dry humour. It made George grin a little, before turning to address his mother again,