Epilogue

( Just over one year later)

George pulled his car into the end of the gravelled driveway in front of the white painted Villa, then turned smiling to Jelena, “Well here we are Mrs Sanchez, our honeymoon starts here”

Jelena glanced out the window inspecting the three bed roomed villa as she undid her seatbelt, “Wow it was so cool of your Grandparents to let us have this place to ourselves for the two weeks, I love the south of France, the scenery is fantastic, although I got the feeling we won’t be doing too much sight seeing” she grinned

“The only sight I want to see over the next few weeks is you,” George replied reaching over to kiss her briefly on the lips before turning opening the car door and getting out

It had been quite a hectic year all in all.

The saddest part of course had been his father retiring from performing in the live shows with them, but Jelena had kept her promise to Ricardo and had gone back to the circus school. She had honed up her skills on the aerial arts, so she would be ready to perform for the following year.

There had still been times when she had thought about what had happened to her, making her feel down, but George refused to let her give in to those feelings and she found they eased as time went on.

Unable to be away from her too long, George had gone to Russia, and stayed with Jelena’s brother Luka and his girlfriend at their apartment, so he could be near Jelena and continue to encourage and support her.

It had been really strange when the new season finally started again,

Ricardo was there, but now spent most of his time on the ground supervising and training his family. He could still spend some time on the trapeze, but not enough that would keep him up to par that he could perform night after night.

Determined to do him proud, Maria and George put in extra effort in their performances

And when Jelena gave her first live solo successful performance on the Aerial silks, Ricardo had been there on the sidelines watching her.

Afterwards, when she had finished performing, he had been the first person she sought out, wanting to know what he had thought of her performance

He had hugged her and told her she had done well, and that he was very proud of her.

She had come away more happy and glowing after getting such high getting praise from him, than from the round of applause she had received from the audience.

It was also later that same evening when she was in George’s caravan, and they were alone, George had proposed to her, getting down on one knee, much to her amusement, and of course she had said yes

They had then got married at the end of the season in the Big Top, surrounded by friends and family. They had exchanging their wedding vows whilst sitting up on the trapeze, which had been decorated with ribbons and flowers for the special occasion

Maria of course had been Jelena’s chief bridesmaid and Yuri had been George’s best man,

Maria and Yuri were still a couple. Having matured a little in the last year, Maria seemed happy to settle and be contented with her relationship with Yuri, who was still as determined she was the one for him, despite her flighty nature.

Now his hard work and determination was paying of, as she barely looked at another guy. But she made it quite clear she wouldn’t be putting a wedding ring on her finger any time soon.

Another development had also occurred during the season,

Ricardo and Alex had decided to start up their own Trapeze training school, which they would run in-between the circus seasons. George, Maria, and Jelena would also be helping out.

Even Carlos was be getting pulled into the business, on ground level, were the office and paperwork were involved. He had a head for facts and figures that would come in very useful. So it really turning out a family run enterprise.

So there was a whole exciting year ahead with new challenges to look forward to for everyone, but right now George and Jelena decided all that could wait, they had a honeymoon to look forward to, and intended to enjoy every moment of it, while it lasted…..