Chapter Seventeen

George woke up with a start to the sound of his sister Maria banging on the bedroom door, telling him it was time to get up.

He lifted his head from the pillow, and at first thought he was coming down with something. His head ached and felt a little fuzzy when he tried to move.

His stomach didn’t feel good either he realised, as he turned on his back. It was only then that he recalled the reason why he didn’t feel so good, his drinking session with Dimitri and Luka the evening before.

Now other memories came flitting through his head as he tried to remember how he got back to the caravan, he realised Jelena figured in them a lot.

His head hurt thinking so hard, yet he knew something else had happened, something of important significance had occurred, and it had to do with Jelena being with him.

Turning his head he glanced towards the floor noticing his tee shirt lying on the floor. Flashes of memory hit him, the feel of Jelena’s mouth on his, and her body pressed against his.

Despite his aching head, George suddenly sat upright, as the realisation of what had happened the night before hit him.

The memories in his head were too vivid to be dismissed so easily. He had been drunk, and not exactly thinking straight, he knew that much; but even with alcohol in him, his imagination could not have been that good.

The queasy uneasiness in his stomach only increased. What had he and Jelena actually done the night before? He was suddenly uncertain

George rubbed his hands over his face in a vain attempt to try and rid himself of the grogginess in his brain, so he could think straight.

There was only one way he would fine out, and that was to talk with Jelena, It was something he was not really looking forward to at all

************************************************************

Jelena didn’t want to leave the caravan, but she knew it was impossible to go on avoiding facing George. She had spent most of the night in bed tossing and turning going over several reason’s, excuses and explanations for what happened between them.

Part of her still hoped he had been so drunk, that he might not even remember what had happened.

But when she finally came face to face with him later that morning after he had managed to seek her out, she could tell from his serious questioning expression that it had been a very vain hope.

“ Hey Jelena, I just wanted to talk to you about last night.. I think we should go and find somewhere to talk in private,” he suggested quietly’

As much as she wanted to turn and run away, or think up an excuse not to go with him, Jelena knew she couldn’t avoid it, so perhaps it was better now than later. So she found herself agreeing, and walking away with him where there was no one else around.

It didn’t help he seemed as awkward and uneasy as she felt, when they finally found themselves alone.

George didn’t know where to start, he glanced down at his shuffling feet as he stood before her, finding it difficult to meet her gaze.

As soon as he had set eyes on her, it had just confirmed what he had already suspected. He knew with a certainty, and that he had not imagined he had kissed her

“Jay, about last night.. what happened with you and me-” he started, then broke off, shaking his head with a little dry laugh, “God, this is really awkward!” he confessed shifting uneasily again

“It’s ok George,” Jelena decided to come to his rescue, even though her own face was scarlet. She had an idea what he was trying to say, but she just wanted to save them both the embarrassment of him having to admit, he had not meant it to happen in the first place.