Chapter I

We were not born equal.This is...the harsh reality I learned when I was four.But that was my...first and last obstacle.

It all began in the town of Qing Qing,China.News of the birth of a mysterious 'luminescent' baby spread like wildfire.Shortly after,similar phenomena popped up all over the world,the trigger for these newfound powers was never determined.

But as time progressed,what was once extraordinary...became ordinary.Humanity...suddenly experienced an extreme change.And dreams...became reality.80% of the planet's population have developed unique abilities or 'individualities'.'Quirks',as we may call it.We have entered a new age,a society of superhumans!

And in this world whirling with chaos,a profession that people used to aspire only in daydreams had stepped into light of day.

The great phenomenon was attended by an accompanying increase of crime levels and while nations dawdled in making any sort of radical change in the law.

Men and women of courage took inspiration from comics and donned the mantle of heroism.They began policing this brand new world ajd defended innocents from evil.Suddenly,through the swell of public opinion,heroism gained rights as an official occupation.And due to their various acts of meritious service,they obtained...income from the state and cheers from the people.

Dreams have become reality,but I'm not really here to talk about that.I'm here...To tell you a tale of how I became a hero,and how...

She became a hero.

"See you later!"

It was spring that day,when I first started my high school life.That's when I first met her...

A freckled green-haired teen walked out of the door,his emerald green eyes shining under the sunlight as he ran down the stairs of the apartment complex.

In UA...

Ready to start his first day in his dream school.

Every year,less than 1 in 300 examinies make it in,only 36 kids passed.

Soon,reaching the school,the boy ran through the entrance doors,jogging along the corridor in search of his designated classroom.

20 students per class,2 class in total.Though,we've had a total of 25 due to the late enrollees that year.

"1-A,1-A."the boy looked around,his eyes darting everywhere as he ran pass several classrooms."This place is huge."

She was...quiet,reserved...

"Finally!"the boy smiled,finally finding the classroom he was looking for.His eyes widening at the enormous door in front of him,the grade and section written in red paint on the said door.

1-A

"Enormous door..."he mumbled,gripping the straps of his yellow backpack tight."Universal design?"he gulped.

"These are the best of the elite students."two famillair faces suddenly flashed in his mind,the image made him shudder in fear;"I hope I won't get the scary bunch."shaking away the thoughts,the freckled boy slid the door open.

"Legs off the table!"only to see that tall spectacled male scolding the spikey ash blond male."Ah?"the said spikey haired male smiling tauntingly at him;"You should think about our venerable seniors as well as the table manufacturers!"

He yelled,pointing at the table which the ash blond used as his leg rest."I don't care!Which school did you come from?!"the ash blond was...well,loud.His voice was deep and rough,quite baritone as well.A bit aggressive,to be honest.