Daddy's girl. (Fluff)

I'm sorry about the tittle. It's not smut. Just Alex having a heart to heart convo with his lil daughter while you're watching them.
...

You leaned against the door, observing Alex in a white tank top, his hair tousled and clearly showing signs of fatigue in the morning. He was in the bathroom with Daisy, both facing the mirror. Her eyes seemed somewhat sad as she held the toothpaste tube between her small hands. Alex had his hand on her back, ensuring that she didn't fall off the bench that brought her to his level. Despite her hatred of brushing her teeth, Alex remained patient with her, as he always did.
Just moments before picking up the brush that Alex had prepared for her, Daisy dropped it gently into the sink. Her eyes welled up with tears, and with the silence in the room, both you and Alex realized that the issue this time was not the tooth brushing itself. It wasn't a tantrum, if it were she would be kicking like hell.
Alex gently held her face, turning her towards the mirror. His large hands almost covered the girl's entire face. He kissed her cheek and moved up to her forehead, making her chuckle nervously before snuggling into his arms. "What's wrong, pumpkin?" he asked in a calm and caring voice, wiping away her tears with his fingers.
The girl sniffled and shook her head. "I don't know...I just feel sad," she replied, her voice barely above a whisper.
Alex hugged her tighter, planting a soft kiss on her hair. "It's okay to feel sad sometimes. Do you want to talk about it?" he asked, his voice full of understanding.
The girl nodded, her tears still streaming down her face. Alex continued to hold her, patiently listening to her as she poured out her heart. He knew that sometimes, all a person needed was a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on. And he was happy to be there for her little girl, every step of the way.
"Daddy, do you like my hair?" Her cautious voice reverberated throughout the room. Daisy was hesitant, but it was clear that despite feeling embarrassed, he trusted Alex and didn't even consider that he would belittle her words.
"Why are you asking?" He furrowed his brow, observing her as her fingers traced down his arms. Her gaze wasn't sad, but still concerning, and she avoided meeting his eyes, even through the mirror. "I love your hair. It's a perfect blend of your mother and me," he reassured her, resting his chin on her shoulder. She hugged herself, appearing downcast, but even so, seeing her standing on a bench in front of the mirror was the most adorable thing in the world to him. Just as it was for you, the two of them together were irresistible.
"I wish mine looked like yours," she said, her eyes filling with tears and breaking his heart.
Noticing that she would turn to him, and knowing that whenever she cried, she would snuggle into his chest for a safe haven, he held her in place and lifted her chin slightly. "Hey, you're beautiful as hell," he whispered, causing Daisy's eyes to widen.
"Still," he shook his head, not allowing her temporary negativity to take over. "I won't let you say anything mean about yourself, pumpkin," Alex hugged her waist, studying her face in the mirror. "Don't you think you're pretty?" Daisy remained silent, briefly glancing at him. The answer never came.
"Okay, look at me," he said, waiting for her to comply. "You're beautiful, like the most beautiful girl in the world. Your hair is gorgeous, just like all of your features. I love hearing your voice, seeing your eyes shine, your freckles, and so many other things about you," Alex poured his heart out all at once. Daisy felt embarrassed but a bit better, with her lips between her teeth to hide a smile and her eyes free of any trace of tears after her dad's words. Alex felt good in his role as her father, and he would never let his girl think less of herself. "Now go ahead and say that out loud."
"What?" She tensed up in his embrace, looking at him with suspicion. "Yep, exactly what I said. Repeat after me, okay?" she agreed. "I am beautiful," he said in his calm voice, with a smile on his face to encourage her. Daisy took a deep breath, gazed at him, lowered her arms to her sides, closed her eyes, and repeated it aloud. God, you couldn't love Alex any less.
"Perfect, see?" Alex reassured her, nodding his head excessively, which made her burst out into a hearty laugh. "Now, with your eyes open, say 'I am an amazing girl'," he encouraged her.
"I am an amazing girl," she said, keeping herself cheerful and radiant before his eyes.
"I am powerful, capable, and smart," Alex continued.
"I am powerful, capable, and smart," she repeated even louder this time, warming Alex's chest.
"I'm very proud of you, girl!" Alex exclaimed, noticing you smiling beside the door. You shook your head, as if asking him not to mention that you were there. He knew you wanted to make it their own moment, even if you always said the same thing to her every morning before she got up.
"Can I have braids though?" she asked, taking his attention away from you. She already had a scrunchie on hand and his cell phone ready for him in case he needed it. You could already imagine yourself holding back a laugh as Alex certainly didn't know what he was doing. Daisy was trying to help him, with all the excitement she had in her, but that was just getting in the way. He was patient with her, just like he always was.
The way he arched his brow, with a small pout on his lips as he struggled to understand a braid tutorial on YouTube, was the cutest thing ever, and all you needed after hours of work. It was obvious that the braid would be all messed up, but Daisy liked it because he had done it himself for her.
Alex looked confused, as expected, but you found it endearing. When he finished, he looked back at you, smiling at your bright eyes. You had given your approval. As soon as he was done, he handed the brush back to Daisy, who seemed reluctant but still didn't hesitate. Alex chuckled, which made the little girl laugh at her own tantrum, and then he started brushing his teeth with her so she wouldn't have to do it alone. She seemed to enjoy it, and both you and Alex knew it would become a tradition.
"You're doing great, Daisy!" Alex said, his own toothbrush foaming with toothpaste. "Just like that, keep brushing."
Daisy beamed up at him, proud of her accomplishment. "Thanks, Daddy!"
Alex grinned, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "No problem, kiddo. We'll make sure your teeth are nice and clean." He kissed her cheek quickly with the foam, making her laugh even harder in his arms.
You watched the scene unfold, feeling a warmth spread through your chest. It was moments like this that made everything worth it. Alex was an amazing father, just as a lovely partner as well. And you were grateful to have him in yours and Daisy's life.
"Let's go, my girl," he helped her dry off and placed her on his lap. "Let's give mom a kiss and go to sleep, okay?" He smiled warmly at both her and you, walking over to where you were waiting with open arms.
As he approached, the little girl leaned over and gave you a sweet peck on the cheek. "Goodnight, Mommy, I love ya," she said, her voice sleepy and content.
You kissed her head and cheek, repeating that you loved her too very and very and very much, several times, before doing the same to Alex and causing her to bubble up in more laughter as he was getting red in the face. And then you were filled with that all-too-familiar feeling of gratitude for this little family that you had created. As you headed to bed, you knew that no matter what challenges came your way, you would always have each other. And that was all that mattered.