2 Prompts Blurbs (Fluff)

049: "I'm really drunk, please help me get safely out of the way so I don't ruin our friend's wedding."

Alex and you never talked much. But being Kate's best friend and him being Jamie's, the two of you heard a lot about each other's crushes. Alex had met you when you had to share an apartment with Jamie for a few months during adolescence. He had a girlfriend at the time, but he remembers enjoying talking to you while waiting for Jamie to come home from somewhere. He found you captivating, and since you both liked similar things, the conversation flowed easily. Jamie had heard all about these conversations when he was alone with you. You couldn't stop talking about Alex, from his smile to the cute way he spoke without being able to properly keep his eyes on you.

Years had passed, and not much had changed, except that you saw each other much less, and Alex's band had made him more famous. Whenever you were in the same room, Kate and Jamie couldn't stop hearing you talk and ask about each other. Following Kate's plan, Jamie had found a way to keep you two together throughout their wedding ceremony. Kate was convinced that this night wouldn't go to waste. Both of you were single, and the odds were in your favor.

"Al, my stomach doesn't feel too good," you said. He laughed, his eyes soft and comforting, making it hard for you to look away. The alcohol had hit you hard, and it felt like your vision was gradually turning into a dream-like description. "My bad," he helped you settle on the bed, propping you up halfway between sitting and lying down. Apparently, you weren't as good a drinker as Alex. You had both consumed nearly the same amount, but your tolerance wasn't the same, and you had begged Alex to get you out of there so you wouldn't ruin your friends' long-awaited night.

"You're crying, babe?" he asked, concerned, running his thumb across your face. You didn't have that level of intimacy, but alcohol does strange things. "Do you think there's something not to like about me?" Your voice sounded slurred and messy due to the situation. He wondered if your vision was blurry, spinning, or if it hadn't reached that point. He felt fine, although he knew he wasn't completely sober.

"What do you mean, luv?" he asked, placing the comforter over you as your eyes were already closed. He rested his palm on your stomach, making you feel comfortable, and before he could pull away, you held his hand there, wrapped around yours. You wanted him close, and he wouldn't refuse that. "Something that's wrong with me that I can work on improving, I'm not sure," you said, tears streaming down your face, landing on the pillow, and you still kept your eyes closed. Alex would be stupid not to realize that the wedding was making you question your own experiences or perhaps choices, not out of envy, but as something that could have been but never was. "I don't think there's anything wrong with you, in you. You don't need to change anything. You'll find someone who likes you just the way you are, pet." Alex felt bad for being so generic, but you were so drunk that he thought those words would be enough. You smiled softly, and he could relax. There was a sudden silence that, if not for your thumb caressing his cold hand, he would have thought you fell asleep. "You know, I always wanted those pet names to mean something, for them to be just for me." Your eyes opened, shimmering with tears, and your lips now wore a sad smile. Alex had messed up badly; your emotions were directed at him and his damn lack of attention. Despite that, his mouth was still too dry to make any sounds. Did you mean it? "I wanted to be one of your songs when I was younger, one of those cheesy ones you used to write when your hair covered your eyes, and you were dating that girl you always brought to Jamie's house at your friends night. I wanted to be her so badly." He observed calmly, you spoke calmly, as if you had come to terms with the idea that it wasn't meant to be for you. Your words were interrupted by small sobs and disjointed breaths. Alex was paralyzed, carefully analyzing this information so that it wouldn't be misunderstood. "Did you used to like me?" he ventured, knowing the obvious answer. He had made song about you before, more than you could imagine.