Destructive Beginnings

What time was it? 2 in the afternoon? Sun's already beginning to set. Mild breeze flowing from the east. Damn. I held my sniper tight in my hands. I looked through the scope and saw a small goat in the distance. It was eating a small patch of grass. Just standing there, practically. I sighed as the breeze rolled on by again, and there I put my rifle aside as I groaned.

"Damned wind" I said "Didn't roll in at any time but today"

As the wind stopped, I looked through the scope once again and placed my finger on the trigger. I didn't pull it. Noobies would be pissing their pants in fear, over if they would miss this shot or not. I'm not. I've been a marksman for as long as I could walk. I closed my left eye as I looked through the scope with the other.

A crack.
Then a clank.
A muffled whine in the distance.

Normally, anyone would shout or scream in excitement over this. I'm not. Silence is a friend of a marksman. Before and after the kill. I smirk as I stand to my feet. A muffled buzz comes from my pocket. I take out my radio and hold down the talk button on the side.

"What?" I asked
-"What a mood. Are you ever happy?" It was my good friend, Crimson.
"What do you want"
"It's time for you to come inside"
I groan and sigh. Of course I would.
"Why the hell do you put me on all these restrictions. I'm not your damn kid" I groaned out. On the other side I could hear a sigh.
"We know that, but you're the last human alive. You're species has gone extinct. Unless another female is somewhere around the world, there's no saving the human species. We need you alive"

I don't reply as I stand to my feet, holding the radio close to my ear

"Right, I'm on my way. I have dinner. A goat."
"Ain't that a blessing. Just get back here before the UFN finds you"

I walk through the plains as I look to my sides and see abandoned buildings and empty streets. Just an average walk through the town. A small mining shaft entrance in the distance. I walk inside as I approach an elevator, and waiting nearby is my friend. You want a description? Just an anthropomorphic wolf basically. Things that took over this world. He's got a grinning smile on his face, God knows why.
"You just love seeing me in pain, don't you?" I asked, holding my rifle tightly in my hands.
"Hate to do this to you, Grey. You know the rules. Can't have you out after dark" The grinning smile stopped.
"You're enforcing all these damn rules on me? I created the AFC. You're treating me like your pet"
"We're doing this all for a reason, Grey"
"What for, huh?"
A slow head turn and Crimson looked at me.
"You haven't been listening to the news much, huh?"
"What do you mean?"

As the elevator stopped, the doors slowly opened, and in we walked through the massive cave system. I could see various Furs like Crimson of various species go about their day in the cave. Loading guns, target practice, discussing battle plans. Everyday thing down here. We walked through the cave until arriving at a small room, with a map and several Furs talking to each other. They stopped upon my arrival.

"Grey, Crimson. Good to see you" That was Thomas. A gray furred dog.
"What's the news?" I asked, placing my hands on the map on the table.
"Nothing good today, Grey" Thomas replied "We lost contact with our Brazilian Division earlier this afternoon. The UFN got the best of them. Same with our Furs over in Asia. The UPS and the UFN are putting up a good fight"
"The AFC will never fold" I stammered out
"Maybe the AFC, but I wouldn't say the same for our brothers over in Africa"
"What happened?"
"We also lost contact with the Furry Resistance. Last we heard from them, they were surrounded by the UFN"
I didn't reply, but looked down at the map of the world on the table
"What else is new?"
The others looked at each other for a second before turning on the TV in the room. As I looked at it for a second, I could hear the words the news reporter spoke.
"Earlier this week, UFN forces captured the believed to be last human on Earth. The human was soon executed early this morning, declaring the extinction of the human race"
The TV turned off, as I sighed.
"Too many good soldiers lost. We know what we have to do"
"Yeah, right"
"We find Frenzy" I replied "We're going to shoot him in the head"