P.O.W

The Elysium was docked in it's place in the sky. As the transporter landed, myself, along with the others, walked out of the ship, being greeted by armed Furs. They all had bandanas covering their faces, with sand colored outfits on. All but one of them. This Fur had a gray bandana around his neck, and goggles on his forehead. I walked over to him as I greeted him with a wave.

"My brothers, welcome to Africa!" He said cheerfully, and I looked around. We were in the middle of the desert.
"So, you're the Furry Resistance?" I asked
"We sure as hell are, brother"
"I thought the Furry Resistance fell because of the UPS" Tim spoke out.
"Yeah? Well they've been feeding lies to you. Lies you should never believe."
"We never did." I replied "So this is your base? In the middle of the desert?"

A chuckle.

"Come with us, you'll know soon." The Fur said as we began walking through the desert

A few minutes later of walking in the desert, we arrived at a large outpost. Tents, shacks, and everything else was here. The outpost was massive.

"My name is Alek, in case you were wondering" The Fur said, now referred to as Alek. "I became the leader of the Furry Resistance after the African Revolution failed, and killed our past leader, Boluk. Now, I am in charge."
"That's good, I'm guessing. You're all still on your feet." I replied
"Yes, but we're hanging by a thread. I'm guessing you are all as well. We all watched when UPS killed the last human. Such a tragic sight."
"It was, truly."
"Our boys are searching across the UPS, trying to find his body. Maybe we can give him a proper farewell if we do. Speaking of which, I never got your name."
"Drew. Behind me is Mia, Tim, Billy, and Max."
"I'm guessing you have more fighters on your ship in the sky?"
"We do."
"Well, your ship can be of good use to us."
"How?"
"You'll see."

Alek took us to a large tent, and in there was a large flag on the wall. Green, white, and green. A flag of the ancients. Alek walked over to the flag, and placed his paw on it.

"This place was once called Nigeria. Then the Protogens came and took it over in the snap of a finger. Those animals." Alek said, taking his paw off.
"We'll avenge the Humans. We'll make Raeal pay for what he's done."
"I hope so. Which is why we're giving you another chance."
"At what?"
"The UFN and the UPS are at war. In a few short days, the UFN will be shipping soldiers across the Pacific to Southern UPS. The UFN wants to trap them, by blocking them from the East and the West. European UFN already has the East, so only thing they have now is the West. But, while they're out there fighting, we're going to join in, and slaughter every last Fur and Protogen we lay our eyes on."

I crossed my arms

"Sounds like a plan" I replied
"A good one as well, right?" Alek asked
"Sure as hell is. For now, we need to get everyone down here up to The Elysium. You'll be safer there."
"Good word, brother."

Several transporters came down from The Elysium to pick up whoever was in the outpost. A warm greeting was given to everyone, and we had more than enough room up in the airship. I lead Alek to the War Room, and showed him the table in the middle.

"Impressive technology" Alek said, looking at the table.
"So how'd you contact us?" I asked.
"I had spoken to Gray before. Several times. Good man. It wasn't hard."
"You knew him?"
"Oh, yes. Sad to see such a good man gone."
"I saw the whole shit go down. There was nothing none of us could do."
"Really? Did he say something?"

I stood silent for a moment.

"He spoke of, a someone. Her name was Gia. I don't know who that is." I replied.
"Heh, I do." Alek replied "She was his best friend from when he was a child, to when he joined the United States Army. Apparently, she died right in front of him. Killed by a Protogen."
"Shit, really?"
"Yes, really. He swore to everyone that he would be the one who kills Raeal, but how the tables have turned."
"We'll get him."
"I know."

—---------------------------------

1999
DALLAS, TEXAS

"Gray! Hurry up with that shell!" A soldier shouted as I carried a heavy artillery shell through the trenches to a massive artillery gun.

I watched as two soldiers loaded the shell, and fired it. I covered my ears as I saw the shell explode in the distance, and hid back in the trench. I held my rifle in my hands as I rushed through the trench and hid inside a small storage room. There was a box TV in there but it was static. I ignored it as I slowly peeked out the room and saw various soldiers rushing around the place.

I could feel the nearby artillery shells hit the ground. I looked in the distance and saw various Protogens rushing through. Some of our soldiers rushed through as well. I looked back at the storage, and stocked up on ammo and a pistol. A Deagle. I put it in my pocket as I saw a silhouette stand by the door. They took a step forward.

"Gray? Gray!" It was Gia, my best friend. "Holy shit, I thought you died in the catacombs!"
"Like I'd ever leave you." I replied as she hugged me. "Where'd you run off to?"
"I had to go. The General's orders."
"Shit. Well, looks like this attack is turning into a bloodshed, huh?"
"No doubt. I really thought that after we raided Frenzy's Fortress, things would be better. Guess not"
"We'll get them in the end. Humanity will never burn out."

I looked Gia in the eye as she did the same to me. I smiled, and she did the same. That was when the static TV turned on, and a news channel played. I payed attention to this as I heard what the news reporter said.

"And today, in shocking news. Shocking and disturbing, it appears that New York City was destroyed by a hydrogen bomb. We don't have much footage now, but it sounds like, from experts, that everything within a 10 mile radius was destroyed."

Me and Gia both stood silent as she threw her gun on the ground, angrily.

"Shit, those bastards had the balls to drop the H-Bomb on New York." Gia said as she picked up her rifle. "Come on, we got to go tell the General."
"Gia, wait!" I shouted as she walked through the door, but from the corner of my eye I could see a Protogen, with a rifle. A bayonet at the end of it.

I didn't have time to react, and all I could do is watch as the Protogen stabbed the bayonet through Gia, right through the chest. It pulled the trigger as a large hole was blown into her chest. I raised my rifle as I pulled the trigger, shooting the Protogen right in it's head. In my anger, I shot every bullet in my magazine at the Protogen, already lying dead on the ground. I dropped my rifle, and kneeled down to Gia. I could feel a tear running down my eye.

"A life, too soon taken." I said to myself. "Frenzy, you watching? I promise you, that I will be the the one to pull the trigger, ending your crusade"