Elysian Fields

"Silver-Paw. Come in Silver-Paw." Gray said in the radio channel

"This is Silver-Paw reporting. We're coming up on The Elysium. We found it flying over the clouds. Let's hope nobody on the ground see's what we're doing."
"Don't worry about it, Drew. You're invisible on both the ground and the skies. That signal jammer will make you invisible on all radar screens and trackers. Thank our good friend Billy for that."

"Yeah, let's try and keep chat to a minimum. Primogenitor knows if they can hack into our comms or not."

It was a like a large mountain of white was under us, and a sea of blue above us. These were the clouds under us, and the sky above us. In the distance, I could see a massive airship flying in the other direction. Four large thrusters on all four corners of the airship kept it in the sky. The body of the airship was somewhat trapezoid, but more cubic, ish. It looked like a drone, if that can simple things out. I could see the massive guns on top of the airship. I could see the command station through a small window in the front of the airship. Three runways in total. Two coming out the sides of the airship, and one on the room.

This was the might of the UPS.

"Crap! I think The Elysium is firing at you! They're sending out Helter Skelters!" Gray shouted.

Helter Skelters were the common jets used by the UPS. They moved at the speed of electricity, and seemed to camouflage with whatever was near them. The pilots of them would follow one rule, and one rule only: strike and fall back. This would make it impossible to land a hit on them.

"Yeah, we see them. We need to get as fast as we can inside The Elysium. Our fleet won't be able to take them all at once" I replied as my helicopter gained speed.

The AFC Fleet consisted of over 60 fighter jets, 25 helicopters, and a team full of resistance members. Only about half of the entire fleet was here. It still wasn't going to be enough. We all knew that. But the loot inside The Elysium, would set us for life.

The fleet accelerated to The Elysium at full speed as the guns of the airship and the Helter Skelters began to topple us down. The jets moved at the blink of an eye, and The Elysium was dropping us like flies. We striked the moment we could, but the UPS was getting the upper paw on us. Narrowly I flew my squad closer and closer to The Elysium, and so did a few other fighters. The unlucky got shot out of the skies.

"Gray! Gray! There's too many of them! We're never going to make it!" Fang said in the radio as a Helter Skelter was shot down, barely missing me.

"We can make it. We're gonna make it." Gray replied as I flew my helicopter at full speed, directly into the runway on the right side of the airship.

I could see various gunmen in there, but quickly blown away as the helicopter crashed inside. Luckily, none of us were dead. Not even unconscious. I crawled out of the rubble of the helicopter as I looked out and saw the dogfight happening out there. Only about 7 jets and three helicopters made it inside. This was good. I held my rifle in my paws as I could see Gray rally up the remaining survivors.

"Alright, listen up, everyone! We lost a lot of fighters out there, but we still got a whole lot more left. The entire airship is in full alert and will be ready to shoot us the second they lay their eyes on us. No doubt they'll be calling in support, which is why we need to act fast. I want multiple squads set up and sweep this ship clean of Protogens. We'll all regroup at the command station, and take over the ship." Gray explained as I got a tap on my shoulder. I looked back. It was Mia.

"I still don't understand why you had to come." I said "You can get killed out here."

"Yeah, well if you die here, then I'm going to die here with you."