Colossal

I move by the sounds of roaring engines. Loud horns blaring into my ears. Darkness ensuing all around me. I can't see. I see a beacon of light in the distance. That's what keeps me going. One last time.

I look at the passenger seat next to me and I see Mia, sound asleep. I don't attempt to bother. I continue driving the car through the dark, empty streets. Not a sound. Not one, but the muffled engine. I could see spotlights in the distance. The sound is coming back. A long line of cars in the distance. Something is blocking out the sky. Spotlights shine on it. A massive wall. I nudge Mia awake. She groans.

"Sorry to wake you up." I said as she slowly opened her eyes.

"It's fine, where are we?" Mia asked.

"The Midwest Division Wall."

The Midwest Division wall was a massive 300 meter tall wall built entirely of an impenetrable concrete. A super concrete, some call it. It runs across the upper and lower midwest, splitting half of the nation with the other half. Originally, it's purpose was to separate the UFN with the Spanish Tawwitowies, but then the Minnesota Tawwitowies came, and now the Spanish Tawwitowies only have the southwest. Still, they control all of South America.

After crossing the Wall and the Minnesota Tawwitowies will take you then to the Neutral Tawwitowies. Neither the UFN or the Spanish Tawwitowies is in control of this area, not even the Antarctic Nations. Just plain hills and grass. No purpose for anyone here, no? After that, we arrive at the Northwestern Province. That's where we need to go.

I slowly drove the car onto the long line of cars as the line slowly advanced forward. It would be some time until the line resumed. I could see from the corner of my eye as Mia slowly began to fall asleep once again. I didn't attempt to bother. It felt like hours we sat in that car. We've been driving for days. I didn't even realize how time quickly resumed until I saw we were next to the security booth.

I slapped myself to stay awake and there I saw the nearby soldiers standing guard by the wall. Besides the soldiers was a massive robotic looking abomination. It stood about 9 feet tall with various mechanical augmentations across it's entire body. Every single inch of it was covered in thick steel armor. It looked like thick muscles were it's armor. A long spiky tail and two spikes on it's head, representing ears. On it's face, a black mask covered it, with a red T on it. It's shoulder had the number 19 printed on it.

"W-What are those...?" Mia asked as she grew afraid

"Cerberus." I replied.

These were the UFN's super soldiers, made of regular Furs, but taken to a lab where they come out as those massive entities. The UFN unleashed them many years ago, during the Great War. These things were one of the main reasons humanity went extinct. They only go by the name "Cerberus". Still, their names can vary, depending on their abilities. Supernatural, some could say.

I drove the car to the guard booth as I could see from the corner of my eye how the super soldier was eyeing us. I didn't pay much attention as I looked at the guard standing in the booth.

"Identifications, please." He requested as I handed him my passport and Mia's. He looked at for a second before handing them back. "Reason of entry?"

"We're headed to the Northwestern Province. We have, erm, family there." I replied

"A journey to the Northwestern Province is a long one. I'm sure you are familiar with the fee to cross?"

"Yes, I am"

"It'll be 3000 credits"

I placed various coins in the soldiers paw as he collected them and put them aside as the gate in front of us opened.

"Right, cross" He said as I drove the car forward.

The Midwest Division Wall was one giant checkpoint. Perhaps the biggest in the UFN. Still, there's the European UFN Division Wall. Primogenitor knows how big that is.

I drove the car forward through the massive road as we drove towards a massive gate leading to the inside of the Wall. Inside was a massive connection of pipes and pathways overhead. The road turned into a large bridge, and under the bridge was an endless abyss, it seemed. I ignored, and Mia sure did. What a fear of heights she had. The bridge eventually lead to another gate ahead, leading to the other side of the wall. I just prayed whatever on the other side was good. Who knows, I can't tell the future.

—--------------------------------

"Cowomander Davidson! Please, come in! Make yourself at home!"

I was greeted by Frenzy opening the door to his large manor. It was a large wooden door. It felt like he lived in a castle. It was merely a mansion. I walked inside his home as I looked at the large staircases leading to the upper floors of the mansion. His home had various artifacts and priceless works of art. I could only walk around as Frenzy lead me to the living room.

"Please, sit down." Frenzy said as he sat down on a recliner, filling me a glass of wine. I didn't touch it for a while.

"Thank you, Emperor Frenzy. For letting me into your home. I didn't think you'd let a Fur of my class in." I replied, sitting down on the couch as Frenzy scoffed.

"Please, don't be stupid, Davidson. I love getting visitors! Besides, there's no such thing as high or low class in the UFN, better yet the entire world. We are all the same after all." He replied.

"Did you receive my letter?"

"What letter?"

"Major General Alex is dead. Now the UPS is furious at us, simply because we blamed them for the attack"

"What attack?"

I sat silent for a moment.

"On April 24, 2023, an assault group attacked Major General Alex's convoy. We managed to interrogate a survivor. He says the assault group was sent by the UPS. Of course, we had to ask Raeal about this, and now he is furious with us for blaming the UPS. He wants to start a war with the UFN. I'm not sure he's thinking of backing out anytime soon."

"You're certain it was the UPS?"

"Who else could it be? The Spanish Tawwitowies and the Antarctic Nations wouldn't dare start a war. The AFC is busy with our African Division. It had be them. It was the UPS."

Frenzy sat silent for a moment.

"Raeal is the biggest of our issues right now. We need to keep our distance with him for now, until things die down. Right now, we need to calm down."

"I'm sorry to lay this all out on you, Emperor Frenzy."
"Don't be. You had to. I'll have to think about what to do with Raeal."
"Best to."