Kings

Not many Furs live in the Minnesota Tewwitowies. The poor live here. Barely do they see the sun in the sky due to the smog, and the other gasses in the atmosphere. You'll be lucky to smell a whiff of clean air. This was the UFN's heart of manufacturing, where thousands of factories were scattered across the territory. No wonder the carbon footprint here was dead.

I looked out the window, and in the distance I could barely see the Wall, and even harder to see was the large smog cloud in the distance. I looked back, and I could see Mia, combing her hair. I ignored as I sat down on the bed, and sighed.

"Are you okay?" She asked me.

"I am, I'm just worried"
"About what?"

"About you. You know how much I care about you"

"I know you do. You're my best friend"

I sat up as I walked over to Mia, and hugged her from behind. She didn't attempt to retaliate, but she calmed down. More calmer than what she usually was. She was happy. Why?

—-----------------------

"Cowommander Davidson, the Mayor of Anthropolis is here to see you"

"Tell him I'm on my way"

I waled through the halls, striding gallantly with my tail swishing from side to side. I arrived to a room with a brown wooden door, and walked in. Inside were two Furs. First Marshall Lupis, and the Mayor of Anthropolis himself. Major Kagemushi.

I saw him clearly as he spoke to Lupis. I could hear his deep voice, speaking of something. My mind didn't draw much attention to it. He wore his white labcoat with various badges on it. His most noticeable one reading "Chairman of Anthrocon". It was a golden badge with a paw print on it. It was one of the numerous badges. His pants were white and his tie was black. His fur was of a peach color, and his hair was of a black color. He noticed me as the door fully closed, making a loud slamming sound. He smiled.

"Mayor Kagemushi." I replied, raising my paw high in the air, saluting to him.

"Please, Davidson. We talked about this. Call me Samuel." Kagemushi replied as I lowered my paw.

I lowered my paw as I walked over to him and shook his paw. He kept that same smile on his face. The man never seems to be angry. Nobody has ever seen him angry.

"Dr. Conway, I believe you have heard of the news regarding Major General Alex?" Lupis asked him.

"But of course. Such a horrible thing that happen to him. He was a great Fur. One of my bestest friends. That damned AFC will never stop, will they?"
"Actually, doctor." I spoke out "Upon interrogating one of the attackers, we have reason to believe that those men were sent by the UPS"

"The United Protogen States? Why would they attack?" Kagemushi asked

"We believe they're trying to start a war" I replied "We don't know why, but only the UPS is smart enough and strong enough to make an attack this dangerous.

Silence for a moment.

"Have you spoken to Raeal?" Kagmushi questioned further on.

"He insists he didn't order that attack, but we know how he is. He'd be willing to start a war, especially with the UFN. He's not afraid to do so"

"It had to have been him."

"Let's not jump to conclusions." Lupis intervened "We don't want to start a war with the UPS, that's the main objective. Let's keep our units out of the UPS. We'll work something out with Raeal."

I didn't reply.

—--------------------------------

"You are STUPID enough to think that I orchestrated that attack!? Who in the Primogenitor's great name put that idea into your puny mind!?" Raeal shouted as he slammed his fist onto the table. None of us replied for a moment there.

Real had grown a volatile disposition due to the Great War. He used to be as nice as Kagemushi, but that's an old memory best left forgotten. Now, he would kill his best commanders if they messed up. He would do that with anyone. Other than that, he is an interesting Fur. He knows about 10 of the ancient human languages. Still, there are hundreds, apparently.

"Lord Raeal, I ask you to please not shout! This is a serious matter!" First General Fuller replied as Raeal darted his attention to him.

"No, the serious matter is you blaming me! I should have you all killed for accusing me of such thing!" Raeal shouted in reply, pulling out his personal sidearm and pointing it at all of us.

None of us retaliated. Killing Raeal would have the entire UPS army on us. We weren't looking to die.

"Worthless pieces of scum. I suspect Frenzy didn't raise you well. Sheep in wolves clothing. He makes you think you are worth something in those suits. You, are not. Powerless, afraid, weak. If you were taught by me, you would have learned how I destroyed the human race. Me, all by myself." Raeal explained as he walked around with his pistol in paw, but started coughing uncontrollably soon after.

Raeal was old. Older than any of us. He was soon to die of age, it seemed. If a bullet to the head didn't kill him, time would. We all knew that.

"If the UFN wants to blame me, then they'll get what they want. War, is what they want, don't they?" Raeal asked, stopping his coughing.

"No, they don't. We just need to know if you're the one who caused this" I replied

"Idiots. You'll get a war. That is what you want. You hate the Protogen race. You want this entire world to yourselves. No, you won't. First you'll have to get through us. It will not be easy."

No reply.