Resistance

I could still remember the day they came to Earth. Soviets were making warheads like they were toys. I don't know how, but they got the stupid idea of opening a gateway to hell. Someone has been studying. I guess that was Stalin's death wish. Damned Soviets. I still remember when they took over Moscow. They looked like anthropomorphic wolves, but they had body armor and a black visor over their faces. Guns we've never seen before. Buggers ran quicker than a car, and fired with precise accuracy.

I was in Europe at the time, dealing with out communist buddies over in Berlin. I remember the day I got the news about these newcomers. I didn't believe it at first. That was when they attacked. It was until they murdered my best friend, I realized this was all true. Nobody across the Atlantic knew about these things. It only took them a few months to cross over to South America. It fell pretty quickly.

It felt like years went by in mere seconds. It felt like a day ago I found out the news that China had surrendered to these things. They weren't taking prisoners. They killed every single human they could find. Men or women. Boy or girl. Wake up, and you'd be dead.

They had a mind like ours. Conflict would grow between these guys like us humans. They were setting themselves up for a revolution. The Anti Furry Coalition, they called it. They went against the guys from the United Furry Nations, the ones who wanted every single human being to die. I joined the AFC. It wouldn't be long until I became their leader. We wanted to recruit the U.S to join us, but the damned UFN dropped the big one on it. They turned all of New York to shreds.

No time for the U.S to react. Fell at the snap of a finger. It's the AFC's goal to avenge humanity and take down the UFN and the UPS for good. Maybe then they'll learn what it's like to be a human.

—---------------------------

The skies were dark and gray. Buildings were abandoned and destroyed. Smog filled the sky. Trash was scattered everywhere. Furs were dressed in rags, and barely had any money. This was the land of the poor. I continued to drive the car through the streets as a barely visible light struck in the sky. This was the sun.

Hours we drove by this city of plebians. Poor souls who had to endure this everyday. It made me want to give back, but how? Take down the UFN, that's how.

At the edge of the Minnesota Tawwitowies was a large border, separating us from the Neutral Tawwitowies. It wasn't a massive wall like the Midwest Division Wall, but a simple border. More simpler to cross it. It was the same deal. It felt like there was more security though. I didn't pay attention much to that fact.

Crossing that border were endless hills and fields. Not even roads. The UFN didn't care much about this area. Nobody did. Why did this place even exist? I didn't think an answer was coming anytime soon. Best not to drive in the fields during the night.

"Out the car! Now!" An unknown Fur shouted to me. A rifle in his paws. There were about five other Furs who did the same things, with rifles and shotguns in their paws. I held my paws in the air as I took a closer look to the gunmen. Each of them had masks that covered their faces. I couldn't see who they were. Mia raised her paws in the air as well as we slowly got out of the car.

"Shit." I said to myself as I stood still. So did Mia.
"Gray, come in. We have two citizens driving by the Outer Ranges. What do we do with them?" A gunman said in his radio

I couldn't hear the reply but what happened next was them dagging me and Mia into a large truck, and them driving us away. I didn't try to fight back. I'd get a bullet to the head if I did. It felt like an hour we drove. I looked at my watch. Only 15 minutes had passed, until the truck finally stopped. The doors opened yet again as we were forced out.

I was thrown to the ground, as I could see they did the same to Mia. I looked up as I saw my surroundings. It looked like an airplane hanger, only bigger. Like a massive bunker. Furs were walking around. Planes and helicopters were scattered all around the place. I was left curious. As we were both picked up, we were lair near a crate, and there two gunmen supervised us as a tall Fur walked over to us. This was no ordinary Fur, but a Protogen. I looked at it's black visor as it stopped and looked down at us. No words came out for a minute there.

"Where did you find them?" He asked one of the gunmen.
"We found them by the Outer Ranges. Most likely came from the Minnesota Territories." The gunmen replied.
"I'll take them with me to Gray."

The gunmen took us to our feet as the Protogen gestured us to follow it. We did. It lead us through the hanger as it looked back at us for a second and smirk.

"My name's Crimson. Sorry for the scare. It's basic protocol for any newcomer." The Protogen said, now referred to as Crimson.
"Do you kidnap people often?" I asked
"No, but we can't be so sure if you're part of the UFN or not."

I didn't reply.

Crimson took us to a small room with a table in the middle, and a map of the world on top of it. I inspected the room. Besides the table, the walls were light brown. there were chairs near the table, and a flag on the left wall. The flag had three stripes going in a horizontal direction, going in a pattern of black and red. At the center of the flag was a black pawprint, with a red streak crossing over it. On the other side of the room were other smaller flags. There were about ten or more of them on the wall. I didn't know who's flags these were, but under the flags I could read the inscription in bold.

"NEVER FORGET."

Just then the door opened. I was shocked to see who entered the room. Two Furs, with badges on their shoulders, showing a streaked off paw, and a human. He wore black pants and a tan shirt. His hair was gray, and his face had slight wrinkles on it. He was the only living thing I've ever seen that didn't have fur.

"Crimson, why the hell are these guys in the War Room?" The human spoke.
"I have no clue. It's been a while since we spared a Fur. I figured we bring these guys to you so you give them the proper inspection" Crimson replied.

The human groaned.

"That outta be the stupidest thing you've ever done, Crimson. No offense, but we can all agree on that"
'Yeah, I realize that now"
"Well, they're here now. So who are you Furs?"

I stood silent for a second as I looked at Mia, and then back at the human.

"I'm Drew, and this is Mia." I replied.
"Hm, nice names. I'm Gray, and this Protogen you met here is Crimson. Those two Furs you saw walk in with me are Thomas and Fang" The human replied as he put his hand out. I slowly shook it.

I looked back at the flags on the wall as Gray looked down at the map on the table. I grew more and more curious, but didn't ask any questions.

"I don't understand something." Mia spoke out as everyone looked at her. "We're hiding in the very center of the UFN. We're out in the open."
"Not necessarily. They would never think of looking in the mountains. This place used to be the Rocky Mountains, until the fucking UFN came and here we are"

Silence for another few.

"So you Furs came from the Neutral Territories, right?"
"Territories? The hell is that?"

Gray scratched the back of his head upon hearing this.

"Frenzy got too much of these poor Furs. That damned lunatic." Gray said to himself.
"What do you mean he's a lunatic? I've heard he's done nothing but good" I replied
"Yeah, well he's lying to you. It's because of him and Raeal that things have gone to shit for mankind. They think that every single human to exist is dead, but they're wrong. One human is left, and that's me"
"They're responsible for humanity going extinct?"
"Yes, of course they are! Fucking Furries came to Earth and killed every single human there is to exist."

I stood silent for a second.

"W-We never knew." I said
"Yeah, well now you know how bad the UFN and the UPS is. Those people are warping your mind. They've done nothing but lie to you. But we know the truth. We know the truth of the UFN and the UPS."
"So who are you?"
"We're the Anti Furry Coalition."