Chapter 1

Peter Benjamin Parker, aka The Amazing Spider-Man was enjoying the free time he was spending swinging through the city with a calm serenity that was a rarity in his rather unpredictable and crazy world.

He was a little downbeat due to his and Mary Janes 'temporary' separation. It wasn't an unusual occurrence that they would have some disagreement that resulted in them breaking up for a while before they would come together again and rectify their problems.

This time was just like any other, his activities as Spider-Man were putting a dampener on the relationship, and he agreed wholeheartedly. But he can't just abandon his responsibility as Spider-Man and she knew that as well, they just needed... to find a good balance.

He was optimistic that they would resolve their issues and get beck together again soon but they both needed the time to cool their heads. So here he was, web swinging without a care in the world as life passed him by.

Thankfully there hadn't been anything major as of late to really get his attention, no escaped supervillains, no bank robberies, no catastrophic event that needed him and every superhero on the planet to unite and fight against.

That wasn't to say he wasn't busy with smaller tasks that he often found himself doing, and if he were being honest he enjoyed these more than stopping any supervillain. He stopped a few muggings with ease, helped some old lady cross the street, got a few cats out of trees as well as a few footballs and even a kite at one point. All the while he was thanked profusely for a job well done by those he'd helped.

'Man, todays been an unusually great day for me.' He thought curiously.

'Just means that something bad's coming round the corner.' He thought not so optimistically.

He kept swinging for a few more minutes before coming to a stop on the side of a building to catch a breathe.

Suddenly a large flash of light erupted in the sky slightly blinding him causing him to shield his eyes. When the light lessened a bit he uncovered his eyes to look up and saw suspended in the sky a large blue circular portal.

"What the hell is that?" He yelled to himself.

The swirling portal seemed to pulse slightly but did not change in any significant way, as far as he could tell at least, the swirling gradually became more rapid and from the centre of the portal Peter could vaguely see something dark falling through it.

'Is... is that a person?' He questioned worryingly.

Immediately taking action he took off on his webs towards the centre of the portal hoping to intercept whatever was falling out of it. If it was a person he needed to act quickly and make sure they didn't hit the ground.

'Cmon gotta go faster.' He chastised himself.

As he got closer he could see the figure more clearly and to his fear it was indeed a person and by the looks of it they weren't trying to stop themselves, they weren't moving at all, instead falling directly away from the portal.

Peter neared the portal and the unknown figure had just passed the tallest building in the area, time was running out and he still needed to get close enough and make sure to break the fall of the person without causing them any harm.

A horrible memory flashed through his mind of a very similar situation and the result was horrifying. He was determined not to make the same mistake here, instead of using a single web line in the hopes of catching them mid-fall, Peter would launch a spray of webs connecting to several buildings so that they would construct a giant spider web.

'I won't let that happen again.' He thought determined.

Peter slingshotted himself forward gaining tremendous speed and he had reached the bottom of the portal, he quickly set to work sending web after web to the surrounding area and connecting them in the middle, he sent more webs out enlarging and strengthening the giant web to ensure that the person would survive once they landed in it.