Chapter 9

Peter swung home after leaving MJs apartment, his dilemma was really eating away at his mind and he didn't think it would be good for him to try and go out on patrol let he risk his mind wandering and someone getting hurt because of it.

Something that did strike him though was the question of what to do? It was the question that had been plaguing his mind since Julia explained to him what was happening, it was the same reason why he was currently on route to his own apartment to sleep and think things over.

But another question started to arise as he approached home. Julia mentioned while explaining to him his... predicament... that there was the possibility that there were others being brought here. At the time he had only met Mayday and Felicity, his daughters with MJ and Felicia respectively, but Julia highly suggested that they were not all that came.

'If they weren't the only ones... I wonder who else came back?' Peter wondered to himself as he entered his apartment through the unlocked window.

'And who are the mothers? Who else could I potentially have a kid with in the future?' He continued to question the possibilities.

It would appear as though this would eat away at him for a lot longer than he realised as he took off his mask and just sat on the edge of his bed staring down at the floor. He was no less tired than when he left Mary Janes apartment but his mind would not let him forget what was happening right now.

He let out a huff of air and fell back onto the bed, outstretching his arms he looked up at the ceiling hoping that at some point he would just lose focus and drift away into slumber, if he were to remain asleep was another question but as for right now... he just needed to try and sleep.

Meanwhile Mayday and Mary Jane had remained in seated on her couch, an awkwardness settled over them. The realisation that the room now only contained mother and future potential daughter was dawning on MJ. Peter introduced her sure enough but that was closely followed by Felicia and her daughter and then the arrival of Julia which sent a torrent of thoughts and emotions her way.

In the midst of all the information she had completely forgone that she was beside her own daughter, yes one from the future, but it was no different to her. After all her and Peter were once going to have a child, she was sure she was the embodiment of the young woman she's currently sat beside.

"So... Mayday... you're from the future?" Mary asked unsure of how to broach a conversation with her.

"Y-yea. Or a possible future I suppose." She answered clarifying.

"What are we like? Me and Peter, what are we like in the future?" She asked curiously.

"Hmph. You guys are practically no different, obviously you're older and have more stable careers... but... really not much different with each other." She answered.

"Older. How much have I changed?" Mary Jane asked wondering if she'd aged horribly.

"Actually you don't look that much different, there's some details that just come with age but you've got a more... mature sense around you. Physically there's not really a difference, lucky you." Mayday answered with a slight giggle.

"Ohh, that's a relief. And Peter?" She continued.

"Pretty much the same, except that he's got a bit of grey coming in. Though he really hates the fact that he's changed a lot and you still look the same." May answered holding back her laughter.

Mary Jane also joined her in resisting the urge to laugh at Peters unfortunate greying.

"You said we had much better careers? What do we do in the future?" Mary Jane asked.