Chapter 7

Dr Strange and Julia Carpenter had just appeared in Mary Janes apartment. "Peter. We need to talk." She said to him ignoring the surprised looks on all the faces present.

"Julia? What's this about?" Peter asked her.

"It is about them." She said gesturing to his two daughters.

"Them? Why?" He asked worriedly.

"It is paramount that we talk immediately, any questions you may have will be answered. So please just listen." Julia stated seriously.

"Ok. What's going on?" He asked trying to get back on track.

"As you know they are your children, brought here under... mysterious circumstances. But the reason for this happening is due to the web of life." She said causing Felicia's and Mary Janes eyes to raise in confusion.

"The web of life?" They both said together.

"We can explain that later." Strange interjected wanting Julia and Peters converts to go unabated.

"How is the web doing? Why is it doing this?" Peter asked her.

"I do not know how, the web may connect us together in the multiverse but I was not aware it could do anything like this on its own accord. As for the why... it is... a more sensitive matter." She said hesitantly addressing the reason for their sudden appearance.

"What do you mean?" Peter asked not understanding what she meant.

"You see Peter... the web is broken and it is trying to fix itself. The part of the web in question is you... and they have been brought here to try and mend that damage." She vaguely explained.

"Broken? How am I broken?" He asked.

Julia looked between Peter and Mary Jane, what she had to say was a very sensitive matter and topic for the two of them, of a time long ago that forever changed their lives.

"Years ago... you were expecting a child." She began which raised eyes of everyone in the room, Peter and MJ realised where this was heading and what the sensitivity Julia mentioned was.

"You were pregnant?" Felicia asked Mary Jane who only responded with a single nod.

"Why are you brining this up Julia?" Peter asked with small tear forming.

"Because... you were meant to have that child. But forces acted against you and prevented you from having it." Julia explained, further surprising those in the room but especially Peter and MJ.

"What?" MJ said as the tears streamed down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry. But this is the truth." Julia said sadly, prompting more tears to fall from Mary Janes eyes, she sobbed silently as Peter moved to comfort her.

Surprisingly enough Felicia also moved towards her, offering her own comfort and condolences for the tragic loss she endured. She had a very neutral opinion of Mary Jane, not entirely liking or disliking her, but she understood how such an event would be horrific.

"What does that have to do with this?" Peter asked not looking away from MJ.

"As I said... you were meant to have that child. That child would go on to do great things for the world and the web of life but with its absence the web is trying to rectify it by brining different versions of your children here and now." Julia explained.

"So... they were brought here to... what? Be our new child?" Peter questioned not fully understanding why they were brought here.

"Not exactly. They were brought here as a way to show the possibilities that lay ahead for you. Essentially it is showing you the potential children you could have." Julia answered hopefully clarifying what she meant.

Spider Family: The Next GenerationOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara