Chapter 8

Silenced reigned in the apartment of Mary Jane Watson. They had just been told by Julia that at one point they were meant to have a child that was taken from them and now he needed to decided which of his many possible future children he wanted.

Peter had gotten off the couch and had began pacing back and forth anxiously, he had to make a choice but he couldn't just pick. How would that look to all the others if he were to single out one child he wanted to have over the rest... he just couldn't.

Felicia had taken Peters place on the couch and sat beside MJ, she was still trying to be as comforting as she could be. They may have been love rivals but at the same time there was some kind of mutual respect for one another, but after Felicia heard that Mary Jane and Peter were at one point ready to have a child and that it was taken from them... even she had to feel some amount of empathy for them.

Mary Jane appreciated the comforts of her future daughter, but what was surprising was the fact that Felicia had remained by her side also. She didn't outright hate the cat themed thief, but her constant presence in their life made things complicated when matters of feelings and relationships got involved. So she was shocked that the normally free spirited and wild Felicia Hardy was showing some sympathy and compassion for her past trauma.

Felicity wasn't sure what she should do, but she had moved from sitting alone on her own chair to sitting on the arm of the couch beside her mother. Her gaze often shifted from her seated mother comforting MJ to her father anxiously pacing in the apartment with who knows what running through his mind.

Although Felicias efforts to comfort her were appreciated, Mary Jane needed Peter right now. She looked up from her spot and watched for a few moments as he paced, everyone else followed suit and now all eyes were on Peter as he had yet to notice.

"Peter? What's on your mind?" MJ asked lowly.

Peter stopped pacing and looked towards MJ, he then noticed how everyone was staring at him and it was clear they had been staring for a while.

"I... I don't know what to do?" He said unsure.

"What am I even supposed to do?" He asked rhetorically. He knew what he was supposed to do, he just didn't know how.

"Look, Pete. She's... not asking you to make a decision now. Right?" MJ said as she made her way over to Peter.

"She... didn't exactly mention it. But things with her are usually... spontaneous." He answered.

"Then... don't stress over it now. Take some time to think things out." MJ advised hoping to ease his mind if only a little.

"Yea. Yea you're right." Peter agreed. He smiled at her in appreciation for trying to help, she returned his smile in kind.

Mayday was happy to see her parents together like this, whereas Felicity was little more pained. Felicia kept her calm and cool composure throughout the interaction, yes she wanted to have a chance with Peter, but now... now was not the right time for that. This was their moment and as much as Felicia was relentless she knew what they had gone through now, and why it was all the more important that they shared it now.

Natasha and Nathaniel had remained seated on Natasha's bed, making sure to not cause any more disturbances that would attract any attention and reveal the existence of her son.

"How was it you were able to turn invisible? I don't recall Peter having that power." She asked her son curiously.

"It's not a power. I have a cloaking device that allows me to become invisible, it comes in handy on secret missions where stealth and infiltration are key." He explained showing the device on his wrist.