Chapter 13

Laura observed James cautiously, something about his very presence was putting her at ease but she couldn't fully put her guard down. It could all be some kind of trick he's playing that would make attacking her more easy.

She kept her claws out but took a more relaxed stance, giving James the indication that she was, even if a slight bit, calming around to him which was a huge relief to James.

"Ok... 'James'." She said unconvinced that that was actually his real name.

"What are you doing here? And why have you been following me?" She asked wondering what his motives were.

"It's complicated alright, but I need your help." James replied dodging the question.

Laura let out a low growl of frustration, patience wasn't exactly her strong suit and not having her questions answered by this apparent stalker was starting to anger her.

"Answer me. NOW!" She demanded, her voice showing just how tilted she was becoming.

"Ugh. Fine, I've been following you because I need your help. There... happy now." James answered matching her frustration.

"Not in the slightest." She simply said raising her claws in his direction.

"I'll ask one more time. Tell me what you want before I claw your tongue out." She threatened hoping to get a response out of him now.

James pinched the bridge between his nose, he'd hoped to avoid having to say this as he figured it would only cause her to get angry with him but it seemed she wasn't just going to take him at face value.

"Okay. Here goes... my name is James Parker. I'm from the future and you're my mother." He revealed.

Laura was caught off guard for a second, his words reaching her ears but she couldn't fully process them. Her shock quickly shifted to rage as she prepares to lunge at him and begin attacking him again.

"Alright, don't say I didn't warn you." She said throwing herself at him claws raised to stab him in the chest.

James dodged her attack thanks to his spider sense flaring just before she made her leap. James tried to plead with her to listen but it seemed Laura had tuned out his words by this point.

Rushing towards him again Laura swiped viciously at James, using her claws to try and cut him wherever she could, throwing kicks every now and again hoping to get him with the claw coming out of her feet. But it seemed no matter what attack she threw he was always evading her, moving just before she did to effectively dodge her every attack.

The constant misses where starting to build up a frustration inside Laura which spurred her on to attack that much faster hoping to make up the difference in speed.

And for a time it seemed to work, she was able to land a few light cuts but nothing too deep to cause a lot of bleeding or even slow him down by any means.

Eventually Laura noticed something change within James, before he had been pleading for her to cease her attacks but now he had held his tongue, not speaking for some time and with the latest flurry of strikes landing she could sense a change in his demeanour.

It was like a switch had been flipped and he was different... but she didn't know how exactly.

Catching her arm after one of her swings had missed him, James manoeuvred around her locking her arm behind her back and pressing it against her keeping her arm secured behind her back.

In a swift movement James effortlessly lifted her up and dropped her onto the ground making sure to hold her by pressing his knee on her spine to stop her from wriggling out.