Chapter 3

Peter and Mayday were reeling from their recent encounter with the mysterious woman, she seemed to possess certain spider powers too but Mayday didn't recognise her which suggested that she came from somewhere different.

Peter contacted the Avengers to inform them of their newcomer who have a very vague warning to them.

"Cap. We've got a bit of a problem." He said.

"Spider-Man. What's the problem? Is it that Spider-Girl." Steve inquired.

"Well... not exactly. We just ran into another one." He said.

"Another? There's another run here too." Steve said confused.

"Yea. We ran into her and she warned uhh... Spider-Girl to stay away, whatever that means." He explained his brief encounter.

"Understood. It seems she may be hostile but be careful regardless. If she's made a threat against either of you then keep an eye out for her coming back and call us again when she does." Steve requested.

"Sure thing." Peter finished, hanging up after.

"Cap says to keep an eye out if she shows up again and to give them a call when she does." Peter repeated to Mayday.

"So... what are we going to do now? Go after her?" She asked wondering if they would look for her themselves.

"No, I don't think that's a good idea. Why don't we head back to my apartment and we can talk there." Peter suggested.

"Okay." She said weakly.

Peter noticed the shift in her voice, they both knew there was something that they had yet to talk about and it seemed like she was about to tell him what it was when they were interrupted.

"Cmon... let's go." He said calmly.

They both took off web swinging once more with their destination being Peters apartment and they hoped that they wouldn't have a repeat encounter with their new spidery friend.

Meanwhile the mysterious woman had continued running off after she got away from both of them, she continued vaulting off from one building to the next firing a web line if she couldn't make the jump on her own.

Her appearance hadn't gone unnoticed and from afar she was being watched very carefully as she went.

Felicia Hardy also known as the renowned cat burglar Black Cat was watching the young woman traverse the top of buildings with ease but what really drew her attention was the direct appearance of the woman.

She appeared to have a similarly coloured hair to her but she looked to be wearing some other costume, from what Felicia could see from the angle she was positioned in it was mainly black all around but some part of the chest appeared to be white.

And curiously enough for the cat thief was that this unknown woman seemed to be web swinging just like her spider... or any of the other spider heroes.

"Hmmm. Just who might you be?" Felicia wondered, before she took off in pursuit.

Back with the Avengers Cap had finished speaking with Spider-Man who had just informed him of yet another unknown woman whose origins are just as unknown.

The fact that there were now two of them worried the man slightly, the appearance of the portal was concerning enough as it could have been anything but now that they've encountered two people who presumably came from the same portal it meant that there was the possibility of more coming.

"Who was that Cap?" Asked Carol.

"It was Spider-Man he had some news." Steve replied.

"Already, guess she was a bit of trouble after all." Carol said sarcastically.