4: Falling victim

Looking at yourself in the mirror, you had a hard time believing it was even you. Although Satoru was not as old fashioned, his family was, and his family required a very traditional wedding kimono, blue accents littering the ends.

"Well, if it is any consolation, you look beautiful." Jun told you once she had finished pinning up your hair. She had helped you get ready for the past couple of hours or so, and the ceremony was going to start at any minute. Social hour had long since started, and soon, you would be walking down to your stone-set future.

"Thanks," you mumbled, "I just...do not want to do this." You were about to cry now. You put up a good front with Satoru yesterday, but every waking moment? You weren't sure you could do that. Tears welled up in your eyes as you tried to control your breathing, and Jun had to hug you from behind to stop your shaking form. Waving your hands in front of your face, you wished you could've been given at least a choice of who you were wedded to. Had it been your decision, you would have been in a different pair of shoes right now.

"It will be fine," she mumbled, "I have to go now, but I shall be in the second row with Megumi and the twins, okay?"

"Is Naoya here?"

"y/n-"

"Where are my father and Naoya?"

"They are here, mistress, stop freaking out," she laughed, "Master Zen'in is waiting for you whenever you are ready. Preferably within the next few minutes." After a quick pat on your shoulder, she kissed your hair and walked down to the ceremony spot.

"Is she okay?" Megumi asked her once she sat down.

"No, she is stressing out bad." Jun sighed as she looked around.

"Say, who are all these Gojo people, do you know any?" Mai prodded, making your Lady shrug.

"All I have met are some of the servants. There is Master Gojo and...that kid, Itadori Yuji." She pointed to the happy looking boy with bright pink hair, and Megumi rolled his eyes.

"I know that guy. Total dunce."

"There's a fiery girl around her somewhere..." she scanned the crowd for that girl with the short brown hair, eventually finding her flicking the back of Itadori's head. "Yeah, that's Kugisaki...another one of the kids he's got running around here."

"All of you, shut your mouths," Naoya snapped as he turned around, "my sister is getting married. Be quiet." All of them begrudgingly shut up at the words of their future Lord (Maki with resistance), and the crowd also began to settle in silence. Almost as if on cue, the koto strings began to play, and Satoru Gojo turned at the altar to see you, arm wrapped around your father's.

"Gods, she's actually doing it." Maki whispered.

The families in attendance stood up as you walked down and, it was clear to those that knew you well...you were scared shitless. Yet you kept that pleasant look on your face, bowing to Satoru once you had reached him. Naobito went and sat by Naoya, muttering, damn, he is tall.

Standing next to Satoru was making you sweat, and the vows were long and burned into your brain as you told them, yet the first kiss that you shared as husband and wife before the gods would also be burned into your memory, along with all the claps that sounded as you did so.

Blessings of happiness and fertility by the officiant, and by law and by the heavens, you were Gojo Satoru's wife.

Satoru wasted no time in showing you off to his long time friends when the reception started. His arm was happily around you as he walked you from corner to corner, so much so that you hadn't even greeted your family yet. Currently, you were standing in front of three people, you guessed somewhere around Satoru's age, who were looking at you curiously.