5: Swim in a pond

"I will miss you so much, Maki and Mai," you whispered sadly, "send me letters at least once a week."

"Ask your husband if we can ever visit."

"I will." pulling away from the two of them, Maki was the one who sighed with grief and fanned her face. You were her closest friend regardless if you were her cousin, and she would miss you more than you would ever know. Suddenly you were drawn into yet another hug, this time by Megumi.

"I will see you as soon as possible to check in." he promised, and you sighed into his shoulder as you had done many times before. This hug was a little longer, and when he stepped into the carriage you felt the entire world coming down around you.

This is real.

I am married and bound to be emotionally alone.

All that was exchanged between you and your father was another deep bow and a parting goodbye. Same with Naoya, and this time he actually gave you some encouraging words ("For your sake, sister, be as agreeable as you can."). You watched the carriages pull away from the Gojo estate, and not a moment later you heard a voice behind you and arms pulling you against a hard chest.

"Did you have fun tonight, Lady Gojo?" Itadori asked you excitedly as Satoru was hugging you from behind.

"I did," you smiled, "however I wish to see them again soon. Is that possible, Satoru-sama?" It was hard for Satoru to deny you when you looked so helpless, but he hummed in thought and kissed your cheek.

"If you behave, I have no issues," he teased you, and you had to restrain yourself from scowling. He then turned to Yuji, "please excuse Lady Gojo from your side, as I have plans for us this evening."

"Plans?" you questioned, while Itadori cringed and walked away, followed by a smirking Kugisaki and a laughing Jun. "Satoru-sama?" your eyes turned up to Satoru's gleaming ones, and all he could do was give you a dopey smile while leading you back inside the estate. It was a struggle to keep up with him, as your feet hurt from standing and dancing so much, but once you entered Satoru's lavish bedchambers and the door shut behind you, the man had picked you up and held you close by the waist.

"Many, many plans for you this evening."

-

The Zen'in estate was rather quiet after you left, as you were one who was constantly walking around and greeting everyone. Everyone, including servants, cooks, cleaners and your family members. In your abscence, Zen'in Naobito was expectant and more aggressive with the family in question, namely: Naoya.

"Are you incapable of acting like your sister?"

"What have I done to displease you?"

"To put it short, Naoya, the entire estate despises you."

On the other side, your cousins were especially despondent. Megumi and Maki had lost their closest friend bound by blood, and spent time to themselves writing you letters. From your own notes they had received, it seemed like Gojo Satoru had been treating you well. You wrote that he had been outright spoiling you, and Megumi scoffed when he read that line.

"I never thought someone like him would be a good husband."

"Well, he is getting old," Maki laughed, "has to treat her right for more reasons than one."

"Are you aware of the tensions between Master and the Gojo clan?"

"Vaguely."

"I win again, Itadori-kun." you smiled and set down your cards, making him curse. These days, you spent most of your time in the gardens or walking the estate with your serviceman and lady. Kugisaki always found herself beside you, however you did not mind...herself and Jun were both hotheaded and bright. You were not lucky enough to spend much time alone, but you supposed it was not such a bad thing.