13: Big news

Satoru Gojo would be a liar if he said he had not noticed how tired you had become for the past five days. Tired and hungry is what you were.

Now he, your guard and your lady stared down at you asleep at the dining table, knees folded with your head resting beside your plate. Soft snores escaped your breath, and Satoru was unsure how to proceed.

"Now, you are sure she is pregnant?" he spoke quietly, with a little excitement bubbling in his stomach.

"I would say a high probability," she knelt down by your side and moved the hair out of your face. "Especially since she is now off track of her blood moon, which should have started days ago."

"Oh my goodness," Itadori grumbled, "that is why she asked me for a bowl of salsa? I was so confused."

Satoru's head whipped around as he looked at the boy, "well, did you get it?"

"No. Should I have?" he looked a little lost, and your husband sighed and looked back towards you, who was being shaken awake by Jun.

"You're an idiot." Kugisaki laughed.

"You get her anything she wants. I thought I had already addressed that."

"Besides, she's been weird for a while...did we not tell you the theory?"

"No, you did not!"

Satoru shook his head again, unconsciously smiling when he heard your small, tired groan. You blinked yourself awake and realized just where you had fallen asleep moments ago, and he knew you felt embarrassed. Nevertheless you beamed at him from your place on the ground before turning your attention to Nobara's quiet words. Satoru did not hear them, but before you departed, he pulled you close and pressed a small kiss to your forehead. It was quick and, with a smile from you and an eye roll from Nobara, your husband turned to Itadori.

The boy raised a brow at the expression on his sensei's face. He was happy, calm even.

"Things are looking up, Yuji," he commented as he brushed past, "the Zen'in family and my dad will finally be off of our backs."

"Satoru-sama, I have some news." you said when you returned to your shared bedchambers later that evening. Your husband was sat against the headboard with tinted glasses adorning his face, reading the post quietly as he watched you approach. You looked a little nervous, hugging your arms around yourself as you sat down on the edge of the mattress.

"News?" he closed up his papers, "enlighten me."

He had a sneaking suspicion about the news you spoke of, but he looked at your back with a small smile....perhaps attempting to hide it.

"My lady believes I am with child." The tone of your voice was...rather sad.

"Is this bad news?"

"Of course not!" you shot at him over your shoulder, making him scoff and reflect on the situation for a small, small moment. Satoru...well, he pitied you still. He did not care so much if you did not love him, but wished for his children to be loved by you. He supposed that if you loved anyone, it would feel like heaven surrounded them.

He doubted he would ever know that feeling, to be loved by you.

Hell, Satoru wasn't even sure he could love someone in a mature way.

"I think it is great news," Satoru spoke to your back, "you will make a good mother, y/n."

"I do not know how to be a mother."

"You will learn! You have a long way to go, so do not worry too much." He was chuckling at your nerves, yet also hating the way you avoided his gaze. Being homesick was one thing, but being pregnant with a man you hardly knew was something else.

"Who am I supposed to learn from?" your voice was quiet, and Satoru found his face falling at the crack in it. "I do not have a mother and nor do you. How will I ever learn?"

Satoru was not quite sure how to answer that, as he did not know for himself. You did not bring yourself to face him. He would never prod you into unwanted comfort. He did not know you all that well, but what he did know was that you would be so stubborn as to learn all of this before it came time. The only question was how...perhaps it was all instinct?

"As I said, we will have time to figure it out, wife," he said, "come lie down. You must be exhausted."

"I am." You confessed. Of course you were. You had been relentlessly tired for days now, but as long as you and the child(ren) were safe, he could not complain. However, to Satoru's dislike, you did not even attempt to get under his sheets, nor did you move a muscle.

"Wife?" he called out, but only hearing you breathe deeply in response. "Oh my..." Satoru grumbled as he stood up. When he made it to your side of the bed, he was met with you, eyes shut and mouth parted, clearly asleep again. Even asleep, you were the nicest thing that your husband had the pleasure of looking at. "y/n..." still no answer. With a sigh, he set his arms on the top of your thighs and knelt down on the ground in front of you.

He was eye level with your belly, staring at it before pressing the back of his hand against it. Of course, no reaction came from you or the microscopic child, who both slept happily in front of him. Now that you were in fact pregnant, Satoru would have to spend even more time and money to keep you not only fed to the brim, but just to keep you happy. He was willing to do it. The last thing he needed was a scandal or rumors of being uncaring toward his wife.

He would also be forced to see the assholes you called relatives more often. Ugh.

Satoru helped you lay down against the pillows as he pulled the sheets back, lifting your legs and throwing them back over you. You always had a habit of sleeping facing him, so you automatically turned to that side as he lay down himself.

I shall help you through this.

Satoru, do not make any stupid decisions during this time, or karma will come back to bite you bad.

With his inner monologue, he looked back at you. Your face was smushed up against the pillows and he smiled to himself. Yes, he would help you. Whatever may make you happy. Or rather, would bring his children safe passage into this world.