1.

It was another day of work for Imani she woke up at 7.00am and she threw her clock onto the ground. She hated Mondays. She gets her phone from her nightstand and scrolls around till it's 7.30 then she gets up from her bed. She goes to the kitchen switching on the kettle and opens the fridge looking for what to eat. She settles on eating some grapes.

When the water stopped boiling she gets a raspberry tea bag squeezes some lemon and pours some hot water into her cup that read 'MILF'. She didn't have any kids but she was voted most likely to be a milf in highschool and was given a mug.

She was 24 still pretty young but her parents were very young looking even though her dads in his 60s and Mom is in Her 50s. She was 5,11 with Lucious brown skin causing her to get much attention from men but she never paid them any mind.

After drinking her tea she turns the shower on and takes off her silk pyjamas and scarf and hopes in. She needs to play something to keep her alive so she played the Lemonade album. After singing almost crying and slipping in the shower she gets out of the shower brushes her teeth and goes to her bedroom.

She moisturizes her skin using some shea butter and puts on her clothes.

As she's about to start her makeup she gets a message on her phone from her boss

Bossman👹
Daniel's picking you up.

Me
Good morning to you too.

Bossman👹
He's there.

She rolls her eyes and puts her makeup bag in her black Prada bag gifted to her from her boss as a Christmas present. Even though he was mean ,not talkative, a bit passive aggressive he could be considerate sometimes.

Getting her red bottom heals from her closet she sprays her Burberry perfume and heads out of her apartment. She steps out waving at the concierge who was a nice college student that had been working there for the last two years.

She enters the car.

"Hey Daniel."

"Good morning Ms Brown"

"How's your family doing." She asks giving him a smile.

"They're doing very well. My daughter has her first recital later today."

"That's amazing."

They talk a little before elevator music fills the air. Daniel always played elevator music cause he says you can't go wrong with it.

Imani does her makeup consisting of concealer, blush and doing her eyebrows. She normally wore more makeup but she didn't have time. She had her lashes done the week before so she didn't need to worry about that.

20mins later they make it to Smith Towers. The sound of Imani's heels clicking on the floor fills the air and it seems like everyone stops what they're doing to look at her. But as usual Imani never notices the stares she gets from the men and women in her office.

She struts towards the cafe to get her boss his black coffee and get her cream cheese bagel.

A new employee named Alex spots her and walks up to her about 5'8 in height. She gets the coffee and bagel and answers a call and walks away before he got the chance.

"Yes ma. I hear you ma. I'll consider letting him know. Ok bye love you." Imani says ending the call with her mom.

The elevator dings and she walks over to her office placing her bagel on the desk and then heads to her boss room.

She opens the door without knocking.

"Imani." Andrew says not looking up from his papers. She was the only employee he allowed enter into his room without knocking.

"Mr Smith." She says dropping his coffee near him. Andrew finally looks up seeing Imani standing in all of her glory. She was holding her company issued iPad (he bought one only for Imani) and she scrolls through it holding her Apple pen. He takes note of her previously short nails now longer with nice gold and green designs on it.

"It seems like you're free till noon. At 12.30 you have a meeting with-" Imani gets cut off by the door barging open.

"Andrew Smith." Andrew's mother says. "Imani I haven't seen you in so long." Andrew's mother rushes her into a hug. It was quite the funny sight cause his mom was about 5'3 and Imani's was almost 6ft.

"Now where was I. Have you forgotten about who I was."  His mother says walking up to him.

He stands up and bends down to hug his mom. As he reaches down she pulls his ears and starts cussing at him in french.

Imani giggles to the side finding this very amusing as her boss is about 6'6 without shoes on and he was getting shouted at by a woman that he can't see without bending down.

"You find this amusing Ms Brown." Andrew says and she stops laughing.

"Imani he hasn't called me in over a week. When was the last time you spoke to your mother." His mom says.

"I doubt it was recently." Andrew says

"20 minutes ago." Imani says.

"Oh Andrew you have failed me." His mother says dramatically. 

Remembering there's work to be done Imanis steps out and heads to her office to start organizing the a schedule for next month and handle his calls.

She walks around her office while booking a meeting with another company.

"We have space today. You can come in at 10.30. Thank you bye." She ends the call and sits at her desk eating her bagel. She logs in and continues working.

Her door suddenly opens and in walks Andrew.

"Ms Brown why do I have meeting scheduled for 10.30 I thought I was clear till morning."

"Well not anymore you have a meeting with the CEO of another company and you were free so I set it for today." She says not looking up.

"Problem?" She ask raising her eyebrow.

"Yes actually what if I was planning on doing something this morning."

Imani's stands up from her chair grabbing her phone and some papers.

"You never leave this office I doubt plans would have been made." She starts walking infront of him and stops. She reaches out and adjusts his tie. "I'll see you at 10.30."

And she walks off.

When she's out of sight he breathes out and straightens himself up making the blush on his cheeks go away.
__________________________________
Authors note

Vote and comment