.X.

2019

Abir's house. Somewhere in London.

Abir stood rooted to his place, looking at the night sky, filled with stars which were miles away from where humans lived. He sighed noticing the Vega and Altair constellations, almost at the edge of meeting. It would take another few days, when they would finally be very close. But they wouldn't ever be able to cross the line and go over the border to witness each other. That's what Abir loved about these two particular constellations. They resembled reality, not the fairytale ending that most of humans are used to experience.

"You're gonna hurt your neck, Mr.Rajvansh." Mishti's voice brought him back to Earth.
"Well, you wouldn't have to do it yourself then. You'll be freed from this annoying creepy dude who always pesters you." His remark made her chuckle.
"You've picked up my vocabulary so soon." She mused while trying to gaze those celestial bodies that had occupied his attention. But she couldn't. Her body didn't comply and she slumped down, in disappointment. All the time, Abir kept an eye on her actions, and his heart panged when he noticed her change in expression.

"Guess they're too far for me to reach out." Mishti said and turned her wheelchair around. But Abir stopped her. He walked to stand infront of her and bent down to her level.
"Do you trust me?" He questioned taking her off guard.
"Not specifically." Mishti answered whilst being confused.
"Common, do I look like I could do something to you?" He groaned and stressed on 'you'.
"Now I totally don't. What's happening?" She asked and before she could get a reply, Abir had actually began executing his plan.

He carefully swooped her into his strong arms and looked at her wide eyes and open mouth, not being able to frame words. For the first time, Abir Rajvansh had made Mishti Maheshwari speechless. He was quite proud.
"What in the heavens are you upto!" Her shriek made Abir wince.
"Calm down lady. I'm not abducting you. Wait and watch." He winked and started walking towards the backyard. The whole 5 minutes, Mishti kept blabbering and throwing accusive questions at him but Abir turned a deaf ear to all of those.

When they finally reached Abir's destination, Mishti zipped her mouth shut. The view was mesmerizing. Abir carefully made her lay down while there was a blanket already spread over the lush green grass. He joined her soon and rested his hand below his head to gaze the stars. Mishti sighed and closed her eyes, while her lips curved into a beautiful smile. She opened them and drank the view as if it would disappear any second if she blinked. And Abir was looking at her.

"Thank you." At her soft whisper, Abir realised he had been staring at her way too long. He shrugged the weird feeling off his head and nodded at her words.
"This used to be my escape spot. Whenever Maa got angry or I missed Baba, I sat down here and stared at the sky. But this whole month is special." He started narrating. Mishti now turned her head and stared at him. She found that raw and real Abir again. The one who jokes around and was goofy was the facade that he had put to show, for others. Mishti knew deep down, Abir was full of scars.

She was deeply intrigued about this version of the human she was getting comfortable with. Unknowingly, Abir had rubbed off on her so much that, a day without him would go terrible to Mishti. It had just been a week since they met but she couldn't deny the spark she had noticed between them. Mishti wanted to deny all of the hints but she let herself loose for few minutes. She was just a woman, laying beside a man, gazing at the stars. That's all that mattered to her.

"I've been here too many times. But now it feels different with you." His words made her feel giddy.
"Careful. Or I might stop assuming that you're poisoning me slowly to steal my property." Her comment made Abir laugh out loud.
"Trust me. Baba left enough for me and Kunal to run three more ventures." He spoke.
"Alright rich brat." She rolled her eyes.
"Mishti, do something for me. Please." His request made her sigh.
"I know what you're going to ask." Mishti replied.