.XIX.

2019

Paris

"You're literally just going to rotate there, aren't you?" Mishti asked, her voice sarcastically sweet.
"It's a trap! I can't get out." Abir squealed in joy.
"You two desperately need life." Akshara said, adjusting her sunglasses.
"Well we know who's enjoying theirs." He quipped.
"Alright, now stop you two! Or else I'm going to-"
"Throw us into a salt water lake that actually hosts sharks? Got it." Abir and Akshara simultaneously quoted.
"Wow. Someone really picked up on my vocab." She smiled.

After having his time at the revolving door, Abir finally decided to join the other two, in exploring the city of love, bagels and perfume. He had already made the list so now it was the time to spill it out.
"Alright peeps, first we're going to the-"
"Eiffel tower." Mishti interrupted as Abir smiled.
"And then-"
"Louvre museum." She again said. This time he looked at her confused.
"And-"
"Then to music street. Finally the romantic river cruise." Akshara gaped at her.

"Confirmed. She worked as a tour guide here." The ladies laughed as they set on to enjoy the day's adventures.

Abir, Mishti and Akshara clicked hell lot of pictures at the tower, enjoying the bright morning sun and the windy air. They even got permission to climb the top most view point. While the doctor was busy looking at the city, Abir fastened Mishti's belt for the nth time around her again.
"I'm fine. I won't die soon." She stopped talking after Abir glared at her.
"You know, I'd confess to someone here. It's the perfect spot." She commented.
"And why so?" He asked back.
"He can't say no standing at such a height." They giggled together.

The next stop was ofcourse the museum, the whole time Abir was transfixed at all the paintings.
"Well what if I did paint a masterpiece but my audience is wrong all this time?" Mishti and Akshara chose not to answer any of his queries since they knew he was the worst painter to ever exist on the planet. So he decided to eat the manager's ear off, about selling price and stuff. So they had to drag him out of the place.

When they stopped at a place to have lunch, Mishti noticed someone waving at Abir but since he was busy with the food, he hadn't had the time to notice. Then he looked up to see the person he'd been waiting for.
"Oh! That was-He wasn't supposed to be here until 10 minutes later!" He immediately shuffled his way out of the chair, but stopped to enquire something.
"How do I say it to him in French, that I thank him for his service, and he can keep the extra cash as tip?" Mishti met Akshara's gaze and immediately knew what to do.

"Serre-moi dans tes bras et embrasse-moi, amour." Mishti recited as Abir kept nodding his head, getting the most of it. Then she indicated a thumbs up, encouraging him to do it. (Hug me and kiss me, love.)
"Oh my god! He's really going for it. Mish, stop him." Akshara said in between laughing.
"He thinks we're no fun." She smiled wickedly.
As Abir repeated the words, the boy delivering the flowers looked at him in a very romantic way. Ofcourse he panicked as the boy advanced to give him a hug and freaked out.

Abir ran straight inside the restaurant, holding on to the bouquets and the security guard stopped the boy. He sighed and sat down, dropping both of the beautiful gifts onto the ladies' hands.
"Wow! You really are gay?" Mishti whispered, earning a loud chortle from Akshara, who was practically dying due to laughing so hard.
"What did I even say to him! I must have pronounced wrong- wait a minute! Seriously?" He realised that he was the scapegoat in the little prank.
"Real mature ladies." Abir rolled his eyes and then they finished their lunch.

The music street was a festival to the eyes of both Abir and Mishti as they were enthusiasts in the field. Akshara was swooning over their talent, recording their little performances. Mishti played the piano, while Abir strummed the guitar. They looked like the IT couple. And they bumped on a certain piece, both clearly obsessed over it. Can't help falling in love by Elvis Presley.
"You ready?" Abir asked.
"Whenever you are, amour." She smirked as he cursed at her, still not recovering from the flower boy's weird actions towards him.

" She smirked as he cursed at her, still not recovering from the flower boy's weird actions towards him

(This is the music video! Do check it out. I couldn't find it in the media section of this app, and couldn't paste the yt link too. Sorry for the interruption, continue the reading 😌)

After their little concert, by the evening sunset, they reached the iconic river Serine, where the cruise was about to be held later in the night. Until then, the three of them strolled over to the Pont des Arts, the famous love lock bridge. Abir and Akshara each secured a lock, grinning ear to ear, while clicking selfies to annoy Mishti even more, because of her allergy towards displaying affection, publicly.

And then, she realised they were never going to be in Paris again. So she asked Akshara to do her a favour.
"Abir, don't panic but there's a situation." She said as Mishti was nowhere to be seen on her chair.
"What the-" He turned around to curse but found Mishti being supported by two kind foreigners who had decided to help.
"Wait, what's happening?" Abir questioned.
"Sit down." Mishti told. And he did. She was brought forward and Abir gently locked them, as she sat on his lap. Akshara took the cue and played the song they had performed to again.

"You can twirl around slowly." Mishti informed, pressing the button on the wheelchair. Abir giggled not being able to believe her.
"I've wanted to do this for such a long time." He chuckled, joining their foreheads.
"You're hella creepy. But I'm letting you slide away with it, as usual." She replied as the music went on.
"You're not getting rid of me. Not any sooner." He promised.

After the lovely moment, they were asked to join the cruise. Enjoying the light jazz music with red wine, the three ended their day's list of events.

But they did not know what the next day had in store for them.

Present

Pembroke Castle, UK.

"Jiya? You're losing me, dear." Akshara says, her head filled with several doubts.
"I'm so sorry you're hearing this from me but-"
"Alright that's it. Jiya, can I talk to you for a second?" Abir interjects before she had the chance to complete her sentence.
"Abir, I'm really sorry. I know I don't have the right to barge into your life like this-"
"Exactly. Now, please come with me." He holds her hand and drags out of the living room, confusing Akshara more.

"I don't know how you got the classified information. But this is over, Jiya. We're done today." Abir declares angrily.
"What do you mean done! You haven't fulfiled your promise to complete the story." Jiya fumes.
"Yes! And I have every right to deny to continue with these stupid meetings. You want to know about your life Jiya? Fine!" He yells as the girl steps behind in shock.

"Your mother didn't want to raise you, so she gave you away. Your father was a deranged selfish person who wanted time for himself and let you believe that it wasn't his fault. You've been wronged. I get it. That doesn't give you the privilege to invade my privacy. God damn it! It's MY story. It's my pain. It's my illness. It's my death. I get a say in this more than any other person on this planet!" He finishes his outburst.

"And now, I make the call. You really think this has a fairy tale ending don't you? Let me break the illusion. It only gets ugly from here, Jiya. I've lived it once and I have the strength to go through it again. But do you possess the courage to listen the further details?" Abir questions.
"I do." Jiya's answer makes him sigh.

"Fine. Then listen."

To be continued