.XX.

2019

Paris

"No shit! We're aren't doing this."
"Nope. You aren't."
"Abir, I'm gonna kill you."
"Akshara, I don't care."
"Mishti, I'm killing you if you agree to this!"
"Can't help doc. This is the last day we're here, and I want to complete the trip to spare us from a crying whining toddler the entire flight back home."

After their brief but heated argument, Akshara gave in. The three were standing atop a hill, watching the paragliders smoothly shifting in the air. It was of course the crackhead's idea, to explore the new adventurous side of theirs. Mishti had to accept, as she didn't have a choice. She had agreed to do everything he had asked for, after all.

"Êtes-vous sûr que c'est sûr, monsieur?" Akshara questioned the gliding instructor. (Are you sure this is safe, sir?)
"Oui. Nous envoyons un de nos hommes avec elle, alors ne vous inquiétez pas." He assured as she looked at her friend, worried. (Yes. We're sending on of our men with her, so don't worry.)
"Stop fretting! She's gonna enjoy every bit of it. And let her do what she wants." Abir's comment didn't settle Akshara's anger. So she decided to take the situation into her hands.

"Hey! Quoi de neuf!" Abir asked, smiling as two men put their hands on his shoulder. (What's up!)
"What are you doing?" He asked again as the men tried to take him somewhere.
"Yo! What's happening? Mishti! Akshara!" His shouts could be heard by everyone there and the ladies simply laughed. Abir was being tied into the paragliding harness, amidst all of his antics and yelling.
"Did I curse at you in your language! I'm still learning French. Guys common don't do this! Akshara!" He kept whining.

"Common Abir, live. I'm just letting her do what she wants. I'm sure you'll enjoy every bit of it." Her smirk made Abir almost cry out of fear. Mishti kept laughing, conversing with the instructor who had tied himself behind her. As they ran to jump ahead, Abir couldn't help but close his eyes tightly. And they flew in the gleaming blue sky. Akshara recorded the moment, giggling continuously alongside Mishti, hearing Abir's screams.

Later in the night, they came back to the hotel, to have their dinner. Akshara kept laughing looking at Abir's frightened face, whereas Mishti had already dozed off in her chair. The medicines were wearing out her energy so she needed the rest.

"Can you stop! I'm already humiliated enough because of losing it infront of her. Don't make it worse." He wallowed as Akshara looked at him smiling.
"You don't need to impress her anymore, you dummy. She's the one who needs to apologise." She stopped sipping her wine, as soon as the words slipped out of her mouth.
"What? What would she want to ask my forgiveness for?" Abir's question was met with a long silence.
"Akshara? You're kinda scaring me." Again, there was no reply from her.

"What happened? Is something wron-"
"Abir, I'm sorry. I know Mishti wanted to talk to you about this, privately. But, I cannot pretend anymore. It's eating my conscious." Akshara whispered, tearing up a little bit.
"Hey, you alright? What's the matter?" He asked, holding her hand in a soft grip.
"This letter came to the hospital last week. It was addressed to her." She handed the paper to him.

The context in this letter is confidential and cannot be disclosed without the consent of the addressed patient.

Dear Ms.Maheshwari,

After careful consideration and discussion with our medical team, we have decided to honor your request for voluntary euthanasia. We understand that this decision was not made lightly and respect your right to make choices about your own medical care.