.XIV.

Present

Pembroke Castle, UK.

"Are you alright, Misha?" Abir questions his niece, concern lacing his tone. She hadn't talked to anyone, since her mother disappeared to the US. And nobody was talking to him too. Kunal was still pissed, so Amisha wasn't alone afterall.
"Where's Maa, chachu?" The little girl asks, eyes wide with hope that her uncle might have answers to her questions.

"She is far away, but don't worry, she'll come back soon! And she has promised, if you eat on time properly, and sleep-"
"Let me guess, she'll bring a lot of presents when she returns." Jiya interrupts, placing her bag on the couch.
"And there goes your surprise." Abir tightly smiles, while the older lady chuckles.
"Amisha, mumma will be home soon, on one condition." She talks as both the uncle and niece look at her in confusion.
"If you accompany me to the amusement park!" Amisha giggles and starts to jump in excitement when Abir face palms.

"Why did you say that?" He groans despite both the ladies smiling to their hearts content.
"It's like a trigger word. You can't talk about ice cream, amusement parks, candies, Mr.Bean, and Barbie." Abir whispers all the words in a low volume so that Amisha doesn't hear them.
"What happens then?" Jiya asks, clueless.
"They get all excited like this! And it's hard to control them-"
"Daddaaa! We're going to amasenet parkkk!" Amisha squeals in her broken pronunciation.

"There we go!" Abir rolls his eyes as now, Kunal has joined his daughter too. Nevertheless, he smiles looking at the father-daughter duo, enjoying thinking about their adventure.
"That makes me ask you, why the sudden change of location?" He questions Jiya who clears her throat.
"Well, someone's got a secret." He nudges her shoulder and they chuckle lightly.
"It's not a big deal. Me and Harry, my bestfriend slash roommate slash crime partner, we got into a fight last night. He wanted me to go to a museum with him, and that too on our rare day off from college!" She exasperates.

"And what's wrong with that?" Jiya glares at Abir.
"Because Mr.Rajvansh, there's nothing in that chor bazar that I haven't seen before. It's like, being in India! How can he not realise that his ancestors had colonised mine for over two centuries!" He started to laugh, but then covered his mouth looking at the intensity of her anger.
"So you escaped instead of finding a mid ground?" His question makes Jiya sigh.
"I chose the park so that you and your brother can pack up that tension in a suitcase and throw it from the roller coaster. I know Harry's going to call in less than an hour, so we're fine. You both, on the other hand, doesn't seem so." She scrunches her nose.

"Huh. You're good at this." Abir comments.
"What? Settlement?" Jiya cockily asks.
"Nope. Trash talk." She scoffs at his audacity.
"Oh sure! You're welcome in advance." Abir shakes his head smiling, looking at Kunal and Amisha already headed towards the car.

After they reach the park, Kunal as usual, avoids his brother and joins his daughter on all the rides parents are allowed with their children. Abir and Jiya stand by the railing, watching them enjoy their time.
"So, might as well continue with the story until Harry decides to join us." She suggests and he nods.
"How did you start with the mission?" Her question makes Abir smirk.

"With a fight."

2019

St.Claret's hospital, UK.

A month later

"You're insane!" Akshara whispered, worried. She didn't know what to do, other than stand by and watch what Abir did. But he was getting out of hand. First the pink strawberry printed socks, and this. He was pouring blazing hot water over Mishti's legs, to see if she had any sort of stimuli.
"You know, people could die within 15 seconds if they chewed on cyanide. Isn't that an interesting  information? I could ask Mother to bring in samples to test." Mishti's comment made him snap his head at her. He thought she was asleep!