【C O W A R D S】

CHAPTER 3

• • •

OMNISCIENT

  ''Hey!'' 

  Rocket shouted out to the yellow-skinned man, who just at the time sat down at one of the tables. He held his nose tightly, his head angled up as he glanced down towards the mammal quickly moving towards him. 

  ''I have a few questions.'' He started, hopping onto the table. Quill furrowed his brows from behind Rocket, visibly uncomfortable with the way the mammal had spoken so calmly. 

  Clyde scoffed, turning his head the other way. ''I ain't got nothing for you, rat.'' He spoke, bitterly. Rocket gritted his teeth, straightening his posture and crossing his arms over his chest. ''Look, whatever you want, you're not getting from me.''

  ''Oh, that's fine. I'm sure my buddy here will help settle that.''

  Rocket looked behind Peter, towards Groot. And much to Rocket's dismay, Groot had said no to helping him and started building tiny twig people. Groaning, Rocket ran a hand down his furry face. 

  ''Yes, such a threat.'' Clyde sarcastically retorted with a laugh. He let go of his nose, letting himself breath in for a few good seconds before turning back to Rocket. Blood was now dried above his lip. ''You'll learn this fast in here. Don't ask questions, they only get you somewhere you don't wanna be.''

  ''It's about her.''

  ''Especially if it's about her.'' Clyde intercepted, resting his elbow against the table as he pointed at Rocket, who had backed up from the gesture. ''Actually, here's the thing, don't ever talk about her.''

  Peter gave a short laugh, which made the three of them turn to look at him. ''What? Is she some curse or something?''

  Clyde stood from his seat, now standing up to Quill. Just barely looking down upon the Terran. 

  ''Maybe you'd like to be the next victim, how does that sound?'' Clyde threatened, leaning in close for a dark whisper. Peter backed away, Rocket rolling his eyes from the table. 

  Clearing his throat, Peter replied. ''You know, I think I'm good.'' He turned his head the other way, giving a weird face to Groot. 

  Clyde sat back down with a huff. ''All I can say is that she's ruthless. Barely comes out of her cell and if she does, you better run.'' 

  Rocket gave a slow nod, stepping down to the seating part of the table. He got close to Clyde. ''Yeah, all right. Maybe you should've just gave me some straight answers.'' 

  Before Clyde could comprehend, his nose was broken again by Rockets paw. He groaned in pain, letting out a whimper as he bent over to hold his nose. He went to sit back up, trying to retort to the mammal, but found it too difficult to do so. 

  ''Come on, maybe someone has the balls to talk.'' Rocket beckoned, waving his paw to his two comrades. Peter walked on with a concerned glance towards Clyde. 

  They couldn't tell you how long they'd been at it. Peter and Groot were being dragged around behind Rocket, who didn't give up his search since the fight started. For s fair estimate, possibly about two hours ago. Groot yawned a few times and shook with some of his steps, but he stayed sturdy. 

  The current person that Rocket had been questioning had just ran off. Giving s frightened look to Rocket as they ran off with worried sounds. 

  ''Coward!'' Rocket called for the whole Kyln to hear. A few gave out a chuckle, but not much. Rocket sat down on the table, groaning to himself as he settled his arms atop his bent knees.