【 M A D E B Y】

CHAPTER 7

• • •

OMNISCIENT

  ''Do you know why I asked you here?'' 

  Ego walked through the halls of his glowing castle, the raised ceiling giving [Y/n] an unsettling feeling. She was used to tight, cramped spaces. Places that didn't feel like they had more room than needed. Her claws dug into the furred arms crossed against her chest. Tail twitching anxiously behind her. Although, Ego hadn't picked up on her behavior. 

  His hands were connected behind his back, lazily yet formally. ''Why I asked for you?''

  From behind, she shrugged. Noting that Ego couldn't see her shrug, she spoke. ''Because you have some evil plan set up for us and we don't know it yet? You separated us to make us weaker in numbers?'' 

  The elder of the two had turned with furrowed brows. Astonished at her assumption. 

  She shrugged. ''Just a guess.''

  Ego grew a smile, his head turned towards as he gave airy chuckles. Chest rumbling as they bounced off the walls and ceiling. Echoing around the room. 

  Rocket was right, [Y/n] thought. His laugh is annoying.

  He lifted his hand, waving it down in her direction. ''No, not at all. That would make be a poor father figure.''

  ''Uh-huh. I suppose it would.''

  Collecting himself, Ego wiped at his eyes and continued to walk. Beside them, the scenery had changed in the small pods. Instead of showing Ego and his many hook-up's, it showed something else. Ego stood in front of it, his attention turned away from the slightly struggling [Y/n]. Her shorter legs making slow work of catching up to the long-legged man.

  When she did catch up, she took a few breaths. Running hadn't been much of a thing lately since they arrived. Everything has been rather worry-free. Besides the unanswered calls from Rocket. She hated to remind herself of those. 

  ''You see, during my time on Earth, I learned a lot.'' Ego started, the scene turned to a brisk showing of Earth. A planet like any other, but instead, it was mostly blue. Little dots of green were scattered across the occuring blue. The green dots had been fogged over with white or a light gray.

  So that's where Quill lived

  ''They are, as expected, a higher lifeform than I have seen. Although, we've learned to grow and develop.''

  The scene had enlarged a certain part of earth, showing people. Their heads were kept down, starting at their feet or the street. But they had little devices in their hands. Many of them were talking into the devices, shaped like boxes. 

  ''What's with the chatterboxes?'' 

  Ego turned down to her, questioning her words. 

  ''Those things...'' She lifted her paw, lazily gesturing to the devices the people used. ''Why are there so many?''

  ''Oh, those are cellular devices.'' Ego informed. ''Also known as cell phones, phones, devices. They have lots of names.'' 

  [Y/n] blinked. ''Chatterboxes.''

  Not willing to argue to try changing her mind on the subject, Ego moved to the next pod. The scene was swirling to develop as Ego continued to speak. His hands placed formally at his abdomen, fingers intertwined with one another. 

  ''I not only learned the people, but places, too.'' 

  Huge buildings had touched the sky. Windows reflecting the sun from the large stone buildings. From inside the spotless windows, tiny people could be seen working inside. Backs bunched over as they typed away on larger chatterboxes.