【 W O U N D S】

CHAPTER 4

• • •

OMNISCIENT 

  [Y/n] scampers over a groaning Peter, staring out the newfound hole in his wall. 

  ''What-''

  Ignoring Peter, she shouts across the distance. ''Get off of him!'' Peter is still half asleep when she climbs down the building from the outside. He leans over, the blanket hanging around his shoulders as he watches with furrowed brows. 

  He needed to stop drinking himself to sleep. Soon, death would be an inevitable fate.

  Nebula runs over to a nearby weapons storage, opening it with a simple passcode a few knew about. She grabbed a chest piece off the wall, hastily throwing it on over her head. Peter ran down the stairs, finally seeing what had happened. Some golden-skinned bitch had his friend in their hands. 

  And seeing as they smashed through a few walls, he didn't seem the least bit friendly. [Y/n] was aggravated, making quick work to claw her way to the scaffolding the guy was standing on. She peered over the edge, catching Rocket's gaze before jumping from her holding spot. 

  She landed on the man's head, furiously tugging and pulling out strands of hair. Her claws dug into his scalp, making him wince in return. He hadn't said anything but grunted a few times. ''I said-'' [Y/n] dug her claws further into his scalp, closer to his forehead. ''-get off!'' 

  While he was distracted, Rocket could wiggle out of the man's grasp. [Y/n] was momentarily thrown back before maneuvering her way back down head first. 

  ''Where did you go, squirrel?''

  How much the name-calling aggravated him. Rocket hadn't retorted like he usually would, but instead, found [Y/n] and looked her over for any injuries before tugging her over the fence. It was all in one quick motion. So quick that she couldn't reciprocate the action, she only hoped that Rocket hadn't been injured between smashing against different walls and landing harshly against the scaffolding. 

  She found it to be unreal, the situation they were currently in. One moment she's in bed, listening to the music from Quill's Walkman while Rocket is about to share a few words with her before she passes out again. The next, he's being thrown against a wall and everyone is on edge.

  Nebula flew up behind the man with the pack she grabbed earlier. He turned and Nebula raised her arm, threatening him with the weapon she was equipped with. ''On the ground!''

  He disobeyed. With a low scream, the man with golden skin had tried flying up, but was blasted back into the wall behind him. Nebula made sure he didn't get too close. She then landed on the rooftop, waving her arm to return it to it's original shape. 

  Through the rubble of the broken wall, he raised. Teeth gritted, jaw tensed and his hair messier than earlier. Nebula reshaped her arm, but was stopped mid-way when he charged at her, throwing her off the roof and onto the ground below with a harsh force. Dust and dirt flew up in a cloud around them. The people of Knowhere shouted in protest when he went to attack her. 

  ''No, stop! Don't!''

  He punched her once. Nebula was half out of it, both from the fall and the fist to her face. 

  ''Stop, please! No!''

  The man then grabbed Nebula, lifting her in the air before throwing her to the side. She crashed into a few stores, tearing straight through them. Electrical wires gave off a few sparks, the material of the buildings falling to the ground.