【C A P T U R E D】

CHAPTER 11

• • •

OMNISCIENT

  ''What do you still have it for?'' Rocket shouted, obviously taking about Gamora and the orb still connected to her by the hip. 

  Peter, came to her defence. ''Well, what are we gonna do, leave it in there?'' 

  ''I can't believe you had that in your purse!''

  ''It's not a purse, it's a knapsack!'' 

  Gamora spoke up. ''We have to bring this to the Nova Corps. There's a chance they can contain it.'' 

  A good point.

  ''Are you kidding me?'' Rocket shouted, once more. He was trying to make a point, one of which, neither of them had understood. 

  [Y/n] and Groot stood off to the side, watching as the three try to make a decision to agree with. At this point, everyone is disagreeing with something. 

  Rocket continues, ''We're wanted by the Nova Corps! Just give it to Ronan!''

  ''So he can destroy the galaxy?'' Peter asks, incredulously at Rocket's suggestion.

  ''What are you, some Saint all of a sudden?'' Rocket quired. ''What has the galaxy ever done for you? Why would you wanna save it?'' 

  ''Because I'm one of the idiots who lives in it!'' 

  Another good point.

  Gamora turns to talk to Peter, alone. Rocket grunts, putting his paws to his hips. 

  ''Look, Rocket,'' [Y/n] quietly called, now standing in front of the mammal. ''I know that it might not be the best idea in general, but it's the best we have. We have to take that thing to the Nova Corps.

  While emphasizing, [Y/n] gestured to the orb that Peter is currently carrying. She still couldn't believe they've been carrying that around the whole time. At any given time, their ship would've exploded and they would've died in the middle of nowhere. She dreaded to think about it, not this soon.

  [Y/n] looked back to Rocket, who sighed, dropping his head.

  ''I'm not going to be taken back into custody.'' He replied, picking his head back up. 

  Scoffing, she replied. ''Well, would you rather be in custody or dead?'' 

  He didn't show it, but the mention of the word had hurt a little part of him. It felt odd, to say the least. He never cared what anyone else said to him, despite what happened at the bar. But now, here he was, unknowing of his feelings. 

  ''[Y/n]..''

  ''Rocket, don't.'' 

  She immediately stopped him. She knew what he was thinking and what he wanted to say. Holding out her paw to stop him, she lowered it back down to her side. 

  ''Just don't.'' 

  But for once, Rocket wanted to talk.

  Rocket was about to protest, but his attention was averted when Gamora spoke lowly, almost frightfully. 

  ''Oh, no.'' 

  Everyone turned, seeing ships just landing. Even better, they were Ronan's ships. As the ships reached the ground, Drax made himself very noticeable. His arms out with knives in both hands. 

  ''At last!'' He shouted with a laugh. Quite joyously. ''I shall meet my foe and destroy him!''

  Peter, on the other hand, was outraged. ''You called Ronan?''