【 H E L P I N G H A N D S】

CHAPTER 6

• • •

OMNISCIENT 

  The OrgoScope is the HQ of OrgoCorp, floating around amid space. It closely resembled the intestines of a creature or person's insides, curling around one another to create a loose wall around the center.

  As the Bowie moved closer, soon coming to a hover, [Y/n] inwardly grimaced. Seeing it was enough to lose her appetite, an unsettling feeling formed at the bottom of her stomach. 

  ''It's bio-formed. Instead of being built, it's grown from living matter.'' It was even worse when Nebula shared that information. Knowing that it was living matter had unnerved her, she almost turned back to ask if they could leave now. But they were here for a reason. ''The structure is surrounded by three impenetrable plasmic security shields. It's not going to be easy to break into this place, Star-Lord.''

  [Y/n] backed away from the window as Nebula talked with Quill over the comms. She ran down a few flights of stairs, jumping down most of them for quicker travel. 

  ''Doesn't have to be easy. I was a professional thief, remember?'' Yet, Rocket and [Y/n] always happened to be stealing his stuff. Whether it was different cassettes for the Walkman, or other miscellaneous items. ''I'll jam the signals one at a time.''

  Quill shut off the comm. Mantis and Drax trailed behind Peter, Mantis fidgeting with her hands.

  ''She calls me Star-Lord when she's mad at me.'' 

  Mantis replied, ''She's always mad..'' Together, they inserted two different keys into the machine below them, waiting as it hissed before opening. ''..at everyone.'' She goes to press a few buttons, a small glowing cylinder became visible. 

  ''It's because I was drunk.'' The cylinder lifted, Quill was back to being distraught. He talked with [Y/n] before they arrived, which only made him think over his past life choices harder than he'd like to. Defeated, he shook his head. ''She's right. If I hadn't been drinking, maybe Rocket...''

  From the cylinder, Quill pulled out a small tablet and inserted it into his own portable device. Something to help them into the HQ. 

  ''I'm sorry.'' 

  ''It's okay.'' Mantis tried, smiling sweetly at her brother. ''He's your best friend.''

  From behind Quill, Drax pipped up. ''Second best friend.''

  ''Everyone around me dies.'' Quill swept off their comments, thinking back. ''My mother, Yondu, Gamora.'' The name almost brought him to tears, not just Gamora's name, but all of them. He didn't continue on with the loss from the Avenger's, already grieving too much. 

  Mantis boldly stated. ''Gamora isn't dead.''

  ''She is to us.'' Drax commented, glancing to Mantis before turning to Quill with an offering. ''You want a Zarg-Nut?''

  Quill sighs, trying to gather his bearings. ''Thank you.''

  As they crunched away at the Zarg-Nuts, Mantis turned to Drax. Slightly offended. 

  Removing the tablet from the portable device, Quill inserted it back into the cylinder. Where the glow was previously yellow was now green. ''First shield set.'' He alerted over the comms. 

  From the deck, Nebula and Groot watched from the windshield. Nebula counted down the closer the ship grew to the invisible wall. ''Three, two...'' The Bowie made contact, making the wall show itself and bend inward like rubber. ''one.''