【 D E P A R T U R E】

CHAPTER 4

CHAPTER 4

• • •

OMNISCIENT

  ''You're leaving me with that fox?''

  ''He's not a fox. Shoot her if she does anything suspicious. Or if you feel like it.''

  ''Okay.'' Rocket shrugged, having the okay from Gamora to shoot Nebula while they were gone seemed fair enough. Especially with a few new things he's been adding. But from the looks of the ship, he doesn't know if they even survived. 

  Gamora turns to Groot, ''It'll just be a couple of days. We'll be back before Rocket's finished fixing the ship.'' Standing, she then leaves the ship. Groot turns, giving a sad wave that Gamora had missed. 

  Quill had already packed all his shit, now walking with Drax to Ego's ship. They promised a few days with the man. Then, they'd come right back to deliver Nebula and collect the bounty. That is, if Rocket hadn't shot her by the time they got back. 

  ''What if the Sovereign come?'' Drax was doubtful about leaving. That as soon as they left the planet, something bad would happen. And he had a right to think so. It usually does. 

  ''There's no way for them to know we're here.'' Peter waved it off. ''Let's go.''

  ''I am uncertain about parting ways.'' 

  ''God, you're like an old woman.''

  ''Because I am wise?'' 

  Gamora takes note of the amount of luggage that Drax is dragging behind him. Surely, he wouldn't need this much for just a few days.

  ''Why do you have so much luggage?''

  Drax looks to her, almost as if she was dumb. Then admits, ''I don't want Groot playing with my things.'' 

  Peter grabs the last bag from the ship, passing Rocket along the way. He's currently trying to repair the interior of the ship. Working slowly hey efficiently to do so. Rocket notices Quill pass by, deciding to comment. 

  ''I hope Daddy isn't as big of a dick as you, orphan boy.'' 

  Well, he screwed up.

  Quill turned, not stunned but acting like he was. The comment was rather random, yet expected from the stripped mammal. ''What is your goal here?'' Peter inquired. ''To get everybody to hate you? Because it's working.'' 

  He moves on. Leaving Rocket to repair the ship, unfazed by Quill's comment. Only seemingly. 

  [Y/n] walks past with a bag over her shoulder, just barely brushing behind Rocket before Groot makes a noise of concern. She turned, facing the tiny tree. Groot grabbed a hold of her paw, silently pleading for her to stay. But she couldn't. 

  With a sigh, she spoke in a whispered tone to Groot. ''You'll keep him safe, all right?'' She referred to Rocket, whom of which heard every word. His back turned towards them; actions halted as his ears swiveled backwards. ''If he gets into trouble, it's up to you to get him out. Can you do that for me?''