【B A T T E R I E S】

CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

• • •

OMNISCIENT

  ''Show time, A-holes! It will be here any minute.'' 

  ''Which will be it's last.'' 

  Peter holds out a device, constantly glancing down at it. Awaiting the arrival of our job. He then glances back to Gamora, noting her choice of weapons. ''I thought your thing was a sword?''

  Gamora gives him a deadpanned look. Explaining, ''We've been hired to stop an inter-dimensional beast from feeding on those batteries and I'm going to stop it with a sword?''

  ''It's just ...swords were your thing and guns were mine, but ...I guess were both doing guns now.'' Peter shrugs, turning back around to pay attention to the device held in his hand. ''I just didn't know that.'' 

  The Guardians stand behind Quill, all wearing Aero-Rigs of Rockets design. A device that was specially used for moments like these. Those of which Rocket had constantly thought up during the time he was putting them together. On the side, [Y/n] had helped. 

  ''Drax,'' Gamora called, noting his lack of the attire. ''Why aren't you wearing one of Rocket's Aero-Rigs?''

  With his gun at the ready, he bluntly states. ''It hurts.''

  ''Hurts?''

  ''I have sensitive nipples.''

  From the side, Rocket breaks out into a laugh. As to which he gives an overly mocking tone and comment. Mimicking Drax. ''Wa-ha-ha-ha! My nipples hurt! Oh, goodness me!'' 

  Rocket continues to laugh, a paw against [Y/n]'s shoulder helped to keep him steady. She was stifling her own laughs. Which seemed inevitable, since Rocket had only made her laugh harder with the comment. Now, the both of them held onto each other for support as they laughed. 

   Draco watched with a glare. ''What about him?'' He then asked, pointing out the boxes and cables that Rocket had brought along off the ship. ''What's he doing?'' 

  [Y/n] was pretty curious herself, too. Rocket hadn't told her what they were for, only that she would find out. Guess the suspense of it was now ruined, thanks to Drax's question. Though, it was a thoughtful gesture. 

  ''I'm finishing this so we can listen to tunes while we work.'' Rocket responded, concentrating on two separate cables. 

  ''How is that important?''

  ''Blame Quill,'' Rocket quickly defended himself, putting the blame to Star-Lord. ''He's the one who loves music so much!'' 

  ''No, I actually agree with Drax on this.'' That's a first for Peter. ''That's hardly important right now.''

  ''Oh, ok, sure Quill.'' 

  ''No, seriously, I side with Drax.'' 

  ''I understand that, you're being very serious right now.''