1.2 - i jump, you jump

Yui had nearly faced death twice in her lifetime: when she first manifested her quirk and had to be hospitalised for a year, and when she nearly walked into incoming traffic as a toddler. 

Both incidents brought her scarily close to death; as if she was looking the grim reaper in the eye but he'd shown her mercy and let her continue her life as if it were nothing but a close call.

But never had she faced something quite like this.

Sure, she knew her father's old high school was the top hero school in Japan and that students actually faced villains at some point eventually.

But sometimes she forgets that her later father's lifestyle thrusted him in the face of the grim reaper at any given point.

Yui just wasn't quite expecting it so soon.

Class 1A, Aizawa and Thirteen stood before a gang of villains who'd invaded their innocent school trip to USJ, claiming they wanted All Might.

Of-fucking-course they wanted All Might.

It was always All Might this, All Might that.

Yui was beginning to think that All Might put them all in danger than he protected them.

To be honest, their collective group strategy to get the fuck out of danger and let Aizawa –a pro-hero – deal with the villains while they got backup was a great plan. But, she knew they weren't all on the same page when Kirishima and Bakugou fought head-on with the weird warp villain who'd gotten in their way.

Thirteen had told them to back off for a good reason, but unfortunately there wasn't much they could do when the warp villain expanded himself and surrounded them in his eerie darkness.

And next thing she knew, she was falling from the ceiling.

Yui screamed, catching sight of Izuku nearby who was in the same predicament as her, both of them falling rapidly towards a body of water below.

She swiftly grew a large water lily in the water before gripping Izuku's wrist, pulling him towards her. Izuku swiftly grabbed the back of her head as they plummeted into the flower, Izuku's back hitting the soft petals as she landed on his chest.

He sat up, hands hovering around her as she fell into the space between his legs.

She blinked slowly, hands clutching his upper arms. "Y....Yui! Are you okay–"

She shoved him back down into the flower, one arm out as she formed a metallic branch of heather in the size of a staff, her hand on the smooth stem.

Yui jabbed the flower-end of the heather staff at a random henchman that had bursted through the surface of the water, the shoots of the branch spiky enough to momentarily disarm him.

Izuku watched as she stood up now, poking the sharp part of the heather staff into the flower before she used the stem to swivel her body, supporting her weight as she kicked another henchman back into the water.

A long, slimy tongue wrapped around both her and Izuku, the two screaming as they were suddenly pulled off Yui's flower boat onto a nearby ship. The two tumbled onto the floor of the ship, Yui holding her heart as she looked over her shoulder. She screamed as Mineta's puny body was suddenly thrown at her.

Yui ducked her head, just about dodging him as he was thrown into Izuku. She watched as Asui climbed over the edge of the ship, hauling her body beside her.

"Thank you, Asui." Izuku said, the four of them carefully standing up.

"What's going on?" Yui asked, zipping up her sports jacket uncomfortably as Mineta approached her.