3.5 - who cut the chives?

"Iris! Focus!"

Yui's teeth clenched as Sero made a tape trap to fend off her Petal Dance diversion, her classmate successfully deflecting her move.

The semester had gone by breezily. Now that Bakugou and Izuku were on better terms, and she seemed to be on good terms with Bakugou too, things had been running smoothly since. She was even on close terms with Uraraka again, everyone seemed to have gotten comfortable with the idea that Izuku and her were dating.

Christmas was exciting and she came out of the winter break rejuvenated. Things were peaceful, but definitely ramping up now that she was doing her work-studies.

She'd chosen The Lurkers; the newly formed hero trio consisting of Kamui Woods, Mt Lady and Edgeshot. She'd been working mostly with Edgeshot due to their similar fighting style, but the plan was to work with each hero individually at some point.

Sero made a noise of frustration as Yui formed a flower shuriken and snapped the tape that had been trapping a few sharp petals above his head. The petals plummeted rapidly towards him.

"Cellophane, defence!" Kamui Woods shouted from the sidelines.

Despite only debuting earlier that year, Kamui Woods had come out as ranking Number 7 during the Hero Billboard Chart in Japan. Yui was ecstatic when she'd heard the news, especially since she'd agreed to do her work-studies with Kamui Woods and got the chance to congratulate him in person.

But now that she was actually at her work-studies, Kamui Woods wasn't afraid to work her to the bone.

Yui's lips parted in awe as Sero attached tape to a pipe in the ceiling, the boy swinging out of harm's way before he made his way to Yui on the other side of the training grounds.

She breathed heavily, creating thin, sharp petals between her fingers and launching them like senbon towards Sero's approaching figure. He grunted as he barely dodged her attack before his eyes widened as the petals swerved direction and followed his figure.

Sero luckily whipped out a long piece of tape to trap the petals before rolling onto the ground at Yui's feet.

She, Sero, Mineta and Kaminari had been patrolling with Edgeshot and Mt Lady all day. They usually ended the day with training, Kaminari and Mineta often working with Mt lady while her and Sero trained with Kamui Woods.

"Alright, that'll be all for today." Kamui Woods interrupted, placing his arms out before Yui could send another attack. "You'll both be busy tomorrow, I wouldn't want you to overdo it."

Yui gratefully sighed, collapsing onto the floor on her back while Sero immediately sat down next to her in relief.

It was difficult as someone who specialised in attacking in close-combat to spar with someone who specialised in defence and long-distance. It was just a fight where they were constantly pushing themselves to fight in a different style.

Kamui Woods chuckled as he wandered over to his students, sitting on the floor with them.

"Cellophane, your defence is as strong as usual – I see that your tape can't be penetrated by Iris' petals anymore." Yui smiled as Sero blushed from the compliment. 

Sero quirk had a lot more in common with Kamui Woods' than hers did. They both seemed to use their quirks to travel and bind opponents, so it was ideal for Sero to train with a pro-hero with a similar battle style.

"And Iris... your fighting style resembles Edgeshot's a lot these days." He held a hand out to her, pulling her so she could sit up. "Your aim is pretty precise – can I see your new ultimate moves?"