3.8 - and yui

Just when Izuku had gained consciousness, he was once again spiralling towards passing out again as he held his head.

His new quirk he'd only manifested earlier, Danger Sense, began making his head pound, as if his cerebrum was being split apart from how rampant the quirk coursed through his body.

He was in and out of consciousness for the longest time until he saw All For One manifest inside of Shigaraki, causing his Danger Sense to go haywire.

"Don't let him get away!" Best Jeanist screamed, Togata being the first one to run head on towards Shigraki.

"Izuku!" He jumped as Yui ran to his side, helping him sit up.

"Yui?! What are you – you're hurt!" He furrowed his eyebrows at her burned body, but she seemed to be more worried about him more than anything. "Take care of your injuries first!"

She shook her head, "I need to save my burn medicine for the others."

"Wh...What's going on?!" Izuku stammered, looking around to see a group of nomus helping Shigaraki retreat. "He's getting away!"

Yui's eyes widened as she watched Izuku use float before he launched himself after Shigaraki.

"Fuck!" She swore, rainbow petals carrying her weight rapidly towards him. "Izuku!"

She dodged more of Shigaraki's sharp tendrils, smoothly increasing her speed to catch up.

However, a bright yellow light emitted from Shigaraki's hands before it blasted Izuku in the chest, sending him rapidly towards her.

Instead of slowing down, she created an aster bud that promptly exploded with pollen in her hands, projecting her head first towards the slightly unconscious Izuku.

She caught him with her body, Shigraki launching another yellow beam towards Izuku's back. Using the last of her energy, her petals steered her body around so she switched spots with him, a gasp escaping her lips as she was blasted in the side.

Their bodies hurled haphazardly away from Shigaraki, Yui clutching Izuku in her arms as they dove into the dirt, bodies rolling before darkness overtook her vision. 

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Izuku's eyes fluttered open, tiredly staring up at the beaming sun above. It was terrifyingly quiet for a battlefield. But, he couldn't bring himself to sit up after remembering how he and Yui had chased Shigaraki, only for him to get away.

Yes, he and Yui.

His eyes shot open as he turned his head to the right, pupils trembling as he caught sight of Yui sprawled out across the dirt, ringlets of hair tangled as her purple ribbon was untied beside her hand. Her body was burned, blisters littering her tanned skin. 

More importantly, her side was bleeding out, his own hand dipped in her blood.

Horrified, his bloodied hand trembled as he reached out for her, weakly shaking her.

"Yui?" No response. "Yui?!"

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Yui's Plethora of Flower Knowledge:

aster: "I won't forget you" in Japanese culture. But, it's also just a flower that has a lot of pollen.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-