4.1 - love like you

A dishevelled figure bounded towards All Might's car, his scruffy canary cape fluttering in the strong gust of wind. He wore a sage mask that was ripped up from the battles he'd been fighting, pupils protruding through the dark holes in the mask.

The crackling lightning surrounding his body dissipated as he stepped under cover, waiting in front of the driver's door for All Might to come check on him.

"Hello, Young Midoriya," All Might greeted as he stepped out of the driver's seat, closing the door behind him as he leaned on his car. "How are you?"

He raised his mask, revealing his sunken, tired features and his dead expression. "I'm fine."

Succinct and dry as usual, All Might noted before he rested his hand on the roof of the car.

He noticed how Izuku shifted his weight between his feet as if impatiently waiting for their weekly meet-up to be over.

"I brought you a surprise, so please stay for a bit." All Might announced.

Izuku sighed, about to refute All Might's attempt at cheering him up until he heard the passenger door open.

A head of shoulder-length curly hair emerged from the car, her back facing him as she opened up a yellow umbrella. His eyes widened as the figure turned around.

"Hello, Izuku." Her voice felt like home to him. "I'm glad to see you're okay."

Izuku... he couldn't remember the last time anyone had called him by his name. It only made him want to succumb into her arms.

Yet, every time he looked at her, all he would imagine was her beaten figure lying on the floor in a pool of her own blood, sprawled out lifelessly.

"Why did you bring her here?!" Izuku shouted at All Might, Yui's face tensing. "Do you realise how much danger you're putting her in?!"

All Might opened his mouth to speak but Yui grabbed his arm, stopping him.

"Go in the car, I'll handle this." Yui reassured him, opening the door for him to enter.

"I'll wait here for you." Yui nodded as All Might closed the car door.

Izuku stepped back when she faced him, the girl lowering the opened umbrella to the concrete as she walked under cover with him. She dressed warm with stockings under her skirt and thick socks that peeked out from her boots. She also wore a black raincoat, a familiar All Might scarf wrapped around her neck that dangled to her knees.

"Why are you here?" He softly spoke, his deep voice reverberating in her chest. "I told you that I had to leave to protect you, so why would you follow me?"

She took a moment to take in his fatigued expression; missing his bright emerald eyes that would shine every time he spoke, or his dorky, sweet smile that captured her heart.

"I'm here to tell you that it's time to come back to U.A." She stepped closer to him but he only stepped back. "You can't do this alone anymore."

"Yes I can, I'm fine." He spoke like it was an automated message, robotic and rehearsed. "Go home before someone finds me."

"I've told you this before and I'll tell you it again and again: why do this alone when you have me? Not just me this time, but our classmates and the entirety of the hero society behind you?" She reminded him, stepping towards him again. "This doesn't have to be something you do alone."

He watched the way she'd confidently ordered two pro-heroes around and saved Aizawa's life, how she mended their injuries after Bakugou had gotten severely stabbed despite her tears, how she fearlessly fought nomus and Dabi. And most of all, how she dived head first into danger to catch him up to him and Shigaraki.