13

"And then we kissed," I say into the phone, the biggest smile on my face.

"You kissed?" my mom squealed from the other side of the line. "Awe that's so cute!"

I never thought of my mom as an annoying lady who lived to embarrass me. I thought the opposite. She was more of a best friend to me. I told her everything, and having been the first time I talked to her since Sunday, I had a lot to fill her in on. I can't believe it's only been a week.

And of course I had to tweak some of the news, leaving out S.H.I.E.L.D. and how Steve is Captain America. I didn't tell her that I quit my old job. That will be a story for another day.

"So where are you now?" she asks. I smile, gazing down at my current profile, which happened to be a pair of pajama pants and a tank top.

"My apartment," I answer, taking my hair out of its bun as I turn on the tv. "Just watching a movie." Loose curls fall around my shoulders.

I can hear my mom groan. "On a Saturday? You're not going to get out?"

I shrug. "I don't have any plans."

"Then make some," my mom says. "You're a young girl in a big city. Go have fun."

I can't help but laugh. "Maybe later," I say, wanting to move on to another subject. "So I-"

I was interrupted by a knock on my wall. I turn to see Steve, standing in the doorway in all of his glory.

"Am I interrupting?" he says.

I shake my head. "No, not at all. Mom, I have to go."

My mom giggles, probably having heard Steve's voice. "Okay, sweetie. Have fun! I love you."

"Love you too," I say before hanging up.

I turn to Steve, embarrassed by my appearance. I was wearing black and white plaid pajama bottoms with a red tank top, my long hair falling loosely around my shoulders. I had just woken up two hours ago, having made coffee and then drank a cup whilst talking to my mom.

"Hey," I say, smiling up at him.

"Hey," he says, taking a seat next to me on the couch.

"What's up?" I ask, not being able to stop grinning. Yesterday we kissed, one of the best moments of my life. After we kissed we just went to lunch and went through our regular day but when he drove me home, I help on a little tighter to his waist, and he kissed my on the cheek when we got to my apartment door. He is such a gentleman.

"I was going to ask if you need help moving your things over to Stark's tower," he says, making me blush at his kindness.

"Right," I say, remembering that we were moving into the tower today. Hill told me about it Friday, but the reason as to why I have to move into it so quickly is still oblivious to me. The other Avengers seem to know, and it's bothering me more than anything.

"It's only temporary," I say. "So I just have a few boxes packed with my clothes, toiletries, and the essentials."

Steve nods. "Well," he says. "If all goes well, we might have to move there permanently."

"Let's hope not," I say. "I mean, my door isn't even fixed yet!"

"I agree with you," he says. "I like my apartment. Anyways, if you need any help, just holler."

"I will," I say, slightly disappointed that he was leaving. I stand up with him as he walks towards the doorway.

He stops, making me stop, as I was walking behind him. "I forgot something," he says, turning around to face me.