38: Epilogue

<Avalie's Pov>
(A/N: please read my notes at the bottom)

It isn't over.

We didn't even win the battle, but we retreated. We knew there would be more to come in the future, but we never expected it to come so quickly.

I am sick, and I am not free. Hydra continues to penetrate me, even if I am in the hospital. I've learned now that they will do anything to get me.

Steve is missing. Banner informed me of Natasha's phone call and even that news made me so worried I could hardly breathe. When they still didn't show up two days later, S.H.I.E.L.D. officially declared them missing.

That was enough to single handedly destroy me.

But as I said before, it wasn't over. We were in the start of the war, and they took prisoners. I still didn't know the full extent of my DNA, and I was confident that I would heal.

So, mark my words, Hydra. The Avengers will make a comeback, and I will be standing among the front line when we attack. And I will have no mercy.

You can make your hybrids, you can protect your secrets, but I have a secret of my own.

I don't like happy endings.

----------------------

Officially done with this book! There will be a sequel, don't worry!

I'd like to say thank you to all of my loyal readers who have stuck by me throughout this book. You made it what it is today.

I will put this one under intense editing before I start the second book.

Also, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read my new fanfiction Thicker Than Blood. It's a 5th Wave story but you don't have to read the 5th Wave to understand it.

Until next time.
Captain_Stiles_24