23

<Narrator's Pov>

Fury walks out towards the jet, the engines already pumping and ready to fly. On the outside stood all of the Avengers, and the new additions to the team.

"Okay. Thanks to Banner's calculations, we will be attacking Hydra Headquarters located in Brooklyn. Now, we have lives to save. Make me, make the world, proud," Fury says, nodding encouragingly at the fighters going into battle.

They nod back, walking to their positions with grim expressions. Clint, Natasha, Bruce, and Wanda boarded the jet, Steve and Bucky mounting on motorcycles. Sam, Tony, and James launch into the air, Tony and James in their suits.

And they went off, the conversations through the ear pieces bubbling to life. Clint was the one to start it off, directing the flyers to their destination and informing them of their current coordinates. Natasha was the next to join in, keeping track of the soldiers on their motorcycles.

Despite their different choices of transportation, they were all going to the same place with the same amount of bloodlust. With the exception of Steve, who wanted Hydra dead more than he ever has before.

But they all headed in the direction of Brooklyn with confidence because they had a plan, and a brilliant one at that. And no matter what, whether for Avalie or their own duty to fight, none of them were backing down.

~

<Avalie's Pov>

When I open my eyes, I am in the future, but not that far ahead. In fact, I was only two minutes ahead of time. I wouldn't know I was in the future if it hadn't been for my dark-edged vision.

Once I get a look around the place, I allow myself to liquefy into a different state, becoming transparent in the future rather than my solid presence. That let me slip out of my shackles.

After freeing myself from the hand cuffs, I walk around the room, not really knowing how this worked. But assuming that it would take me where I wanted to be, I walked towards the door, stepping through it in my gaseous state.

I first thing I notice when I'm outside is that I'm in a long hallway, a metal wall facing me as I exit. Before slipping back into the present to complete the teleportation, I look up and down the halls, making sure that no one was coming that I should be alerted of when I wake up.

I didn't see any people, but my eyes did spot the security cameras in the corners of the halls. So, biting my lip as I approached them, I melt back into my solid self, punching out the cameras so that when I entered the hall, they would be gone for me.

Satisfied with my traveling, I close my eyes, going back to the present.

~

I open my eyes, looking down at my shackles as a worried smile comes on my face. If I did things right, then in two minutes I should be standing outside of the door.

I can't help but worry. I didn't have enough energy to travel further into the future to check on anymore possible threats, so there was the possibility that I could be caught. My mind drifts to a dreadful and scary as I think about what they would do to me if they caught me trying to escape.

Before I could register what was happening, and before I could change my mind, I feel my body start to dissolve, every cell of me separating just to recollect outside of the door.

I close my eyes as this happens, not because it hurt, but because I was trying to calm my nerves. If I was going to escape, I had to get it through my head that I might kill somebody in the process. And I knew I could only get out of here if I was confident in myself, my beliefs, and my skills.