Party

I didn't go to school the next day. And no, I already know what your thinking. I didn't go cause I was sick, not because of what happened with Keaton.

I've been in my room all day binging Criminal Minds. That Spencer Reid does things to me, and Morgan? Don't even get me started. They are both so attractive... but not like Keaton. I try to prevent my mind from falling back to him, but I can't. Am I mad at him? Yes. But am I still fantasizing about what happened in the hospital bathroom? Also yes.

Suddenly the door opens, revealing my mom standing there. She smiles brightly at me.
"Hey sweetie, how are you feeling?" She asks.

"I feel a lot better mom, I don't think I fever anymore," I reply. She smiles with relief.

"That's good honey, let me know if you need anything," she says. Though she lingers.

"What's wrong mom?" I ask.  She looks at me with regret, and I all ready know what she's gonna say. She sighs.

"I have another last minute business trip, I leave tomorrow morning," she says. I knew it, she does this all the time. I look up at her with a tight smile.
"It's alright mom, I understand, how long will you be gone?"

"A week." My eyes practically pop out of my skull.

"A week? It's never been more than for a weekend." Where would she even be going? She's a real estate agent for Christ sake, she sells houses, she's not a goddamn CEO or drug lord.

"I know honey I know. The agency I work for is thinking about expanding, so there's a meeting taking place to discuss it and for some reason I have to be there," she says. That makes no sense, why would they need her there. I know she's lying, but I don't push if because I know she'll never tell the truth.

"Okay, just be safe okay?" I say.

"Of course honey. I'm gonna go out tonight with some friends so I won't be back till later, call me right away if you need anything," she says. After she bids me goodnight, I quickly jump out of bed and get ready for a shower. Since I've been sick and I'm bed all day, I feel gross. As I'm about to step in the shower I get a phone call, as I look at the caller, I cringe

Jay.

I was so mean to him yesterday, and I don't wanna face the music, but I know I can't run away from my problems, so begrudgingly, I pick up the call.

"Hey Aviana," he starts, but I cut him off.

"I'm so sorry about everything I said yesterday, something happened with Keaton and I let my emotions get the best of me. You didn't deserve that and I know you were only trying to help. I understand if you don't wanna be friends anymore," I spit out quickly, expecting the worse. But suddenly, I hear a husky chuckle.

It was Jay.
He was laughing.
At me.
"Aviana, I'm not mad at you at all, I called to check up on you," he says. "I know you were really upset yesterday so I wanted to see how you were holding up." My heart melts. He's so sweet, even after I was mean to him. My cheeks heat up out of embarrassment.

"Oh-uh-I," I stutter over my words. "I'm doing better now thank you, I really appreciate it."

"That's good, and if you want to talk about it I'm hear," he replies, but I can tell he wants to say something else, just like my mom earlier.

"I wanted to ask," he starts. "Only if your feeling up to it, if you wanted to go to a party with me tonight," he says. As I ponder over it, I realize I should get out and do things and make new friends. But I also decide to tease Jay a little too.