𝟏𝟎

It was Jennie Kim.

The famous K-pop star and Chanel ambassador.

———

Hana had admired her from afar for years, and now, here she was, in the same room as her. She tried to steady her breathing, feeling star-struck and nervous all at once.

Everyone in the room stood up to greet her with a bow, then sat back down. But Jennie made her way over to the awestricken girl. She smiled at her warmly as they shook hands, Hana felt a rush of gratitude. It was a small gesture, but it made her feel welcome.

"I don't think we'll get to talk much today, but we'll see." Jennie said quietly to Hana, leading her to their seats.

Hana's heart raced as the Chanel representatives laid out their plans for her collaboration with Jennie Kim. Ad campaigns, product promotions, and a photoshoot - it was all too good to be true. This was defiantly going to be the highlight of her career.

"We've been following your career for a long time, Hana," said one of the representatives. "We'd be thrilled to have you on board for this project. You have the perfect look for our new line."

Hana felt a surge of pride at the compliment.

"We'll be finalizing the details of your schedule tomorrow," another representative continued. "But I should warn you that it's going to be quite intensive.You'll need to be available for fittings, rehearsals, and of course, the photoshoot

The excitement to be working with a world wide star bubbled in her system, but quickly enough, her thoughts turned to her studies. She had just started school, and this would cause her to have to skip classes. She was certain she would fall behind, and she also wondered how she was going to make things right with her ex-friends.

"What about my schedule for school?" she asked tentatively. "I don't want to fall behind on my studies."

In the corner of her eye she could see her mother roll her eyes.

The representative hesitated. "Well, we'll do our best to work around your classes, but I'm afraid there's no way you'll be able to attend everything. You'll need to prioritize, Hana."

Hana's mind spun all the information around trying to process. On one hand, this was an opportunity that would not only be incredible, but would also boost her career - not that she cared much about it anyways. It was also a chance to work alongside one of her idols. But on the other hand, she didn't want to compromise her education.

When she was in the US it was easy to balance out work and school. She had a personal teacher who gave her extra time - and was very patient with her. But at KISS it wasn't exactly the case. She had to be more attentive during lessons - and that was already a big struggle. She also didn't have as much time to work on answering questions.

Overall she did make an agreement with her father to move back on the condition that she'd continue pursuing her career. So she didn't really have much say in the situation.

"I understand your concerns, Hana," said Jennie Kim, who had been listening quietly. "I was in the same position as you when I started out in this industry. But trust me, with hard work and determination, you can balance both your modeling career and your studies."

Hana looked at Jennie, who was smiling reassuringly at her. She took a deep breath and nodded.

"Okay," she said. "I'll do it."

The Chanel representatives and her parents beamed.

"That's the spirit, Hana!" one of them said, clasping her hands together. "If really necessary, we could a arrange a tutor for you so you don't fall behind. I'm sure that's something that can easily be set up."

———

The meeting with Jennie and the Chanel representatives concluded. Before leaving, Jennie pulled Hana into a tight, reassuring hug and whispered in her ear, "I would stay to talk some more, but keep this a secret, okay? We're preparing for our new comeback, and I have rehearsal."

"Oh wow! I can't wait!" Hana beamed, feeling special to be let in on such a secret. "Fighting!"

Once everyone had left the room, Hana was left alone with her parents.
Her father was on his phone, checking emails, while her mother fidgeted with her jewelry.

"Do Hyun, are you listening to me?" Her mother asked, her voice laced with annoyance.

"What?" Do Hyun looked up, distracted.

"I said, we need to make sure Hana keeps a spotless reputation. If she messes up, it could ruin everything we've worked for. I honestly don't think public school is a good idea for her anymore."

Hana sunk into her chair, feeling like annoyed."I'm capable of looking after myself, plus we made an agreement." Hana spoke up, surprising her parents. "I don't want to go back to having a private teacher."

Ye-Rim's face turned red with anger.
"You don't know what you're talking about, Hana. We just want what's best for you."

"But what about what I want?" Hana's voice was firm. "I want to experience a normal teenage life. I want to make friends who don't just see me as a Chanel model, and in this past week I've only made one friend. —I want to learn things that aren't just related to fashion or modeling. Is that too much to ask? How many times do I have to keep telling you this?"

Do Hyun sighed, understanding his daughter's intentions. "Hana, we just don't want you to be hurt or taken advantage of. With your status, public school can be unsafe for you."

"I know that, Dad," Hana said. "But I'm 16 now. I can handle myself. I just want to try. You guys have already robbed me of things a child should experience!"

Her parents looked at each other in a silent conversation before finally nodding in agreement. "Fine," Ye-Rim said. "But you still have to maintain your reputation. And we'll be monitoring your progress closely."

Hana rolled her eyes, but she knew she had won a small victory. She was determined to live her life the way she wanted and experience what it felt like to be a teenager, no matter what her parents demanded.

—————————————————

𝐀/𝐍:

HII!

I would have had this out yesterday but I fell asleep while writing😭

Its been a while since I've written so if my writing's a bit funky let me know. I was sleepy while writing half of this.

I still don't have an uploading schedule cuz I just CANNOT keep to one. I can't even keep to my school roster🥰

Adhd things🙄

Annnyyywayssss.. next upload should be around Thursday next week. If I'm feeling frisky I'll double upload. ;)

That's all. Thank you guys for being so patient with me. Take care and I Love you. <33